• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Do you honestly think that communicating honestly and specifically is a bad idea?

It’s pretty much day 1, lesson 1 of customers service training.

Edit: Its funny because your example is pretty much what some of us have been through this week:

An ok amount (~50) of TUFs was due in. Therefore anyone under say, position 40 thinks “great, that means I’ll get my card”.

The guy at position 25 hasn’t received a despatch notice. So it turns out something has gone awry. But no one from OC can be arsed to tell the paying customers.

So we were over promised, under delivered and kept in the dark. And you’re ok with that?
No, I think you should always be honest, and specific where possible. The problem is, being specific in this case will lead to people being let down, no matter how much OC might try to qualify the numbers with "subject to change". People will see the numbers and get excited. If they're managing to overpromise and underdeliver while being as vague as this, imagine what it'd be like if they did provide dates!

I'm happy with the weekly queue emails tbh. I know that, no matter what OC say, the delivery estimates will always be subject to change, so it doesn't matter to me. The queue number keeps going down, and the card gets here when it gets here. All I'm really saying is that they've had a steaming turd dropped in front of them and they have to try and polish it up in a way that keeps 2-3000 customers minimum, who've all shelled out the thick end of a grand for a product, happy. It's an impossible task.

No, I think you should always be honest, and specific where possible. The problem is, being specific in this case will lead to people being let down, no matter how much OC might try to qualify the numbers with "subject to change". People will see the numbers and get excited. If they're managing to overpromise and underdeliver while being as vague as this, imagine what it'd be like if they did provide dates!

I'm happy with the weekly queue emails tbh. I know that, no matter what OC say, the delivery estimates will always be subject to change, so it doesn't matter to me. The queue number keeps going down, and the card gets here when it gets here. All I'm really saying is that they've had a steaming turd dropped in front of them and they have to try and polish it up in a way that keeps 2-3000 customers minimum, who've all shelled out the thick end of a grand for a product, happy. It's an impossible task.
Tbh you can polish a turd, watched it on YouTube the used water and it went all smooth and shiny.

Associate

All I get from that is that your in no great rush. I'm curious to know if any wait is unacceptable to you? What about 6months? 8 Months? a year?

Associate

would you rather be let down? or be let down in the dark with all these theories and speculations? we are all let down here already, OCUK can only improve at this point

Associate
Managed to bag a 3080 at a competitor. Cancelled my order here, so people above like 360 in the Eagle OC queue can move forward a spot. I wish you all the best of luck and odds are I won't be coming back to OCUK for future orders.

Associate

Their main competitor manages to give daily updates, including lists of unfulfilled backorders per model, anticipated supplies in the upcoming weeks, prompt identification of delayed supplies and explanations for changes. The information they provide is up-to-date, clear and unambiguous. Their total number of cards on backorder is manageable. Weekly deliveries are about 10% of the total unfulfilled backorders. There is clearly a roadmap to honour outstanding orders in the next few months.

At OCUK, we get one update per week, maybe two on a good week. Gibbo cannot even be bothered to spell the model names correctly. The information is often wrong. Important updates are missed. Indications are that they have far far more cards on order than they can hope to deliver in the next year or so. Gibbo did provide five updates today though: at 11:00 (#683), 11:50 (#294), 12:09 (#297), 12:56 (#300) and 15:33 (#308). Each of these updates involved ostentatiously showing off his luxury car using the company forum.

Associate
Their main competitor manages to give daily updates, including lists of unfulfilled backorders per model, anticipated supplies in the upcoming weeks, prompt identification of delayed supplies and explanations for changes. The information they provide is up-to-date, clear and unambiguous. Their total number of cards on backorder is manageable. Weekly deliveries are about 10% of the total unfulfilled backorders. There is clearly a roadmap to honour outstanding orders in the next few months.

At OCUK, we get one update per week, maybe two on a good week. Gibbo cannot even be bothered to spell the model names correctly. The information is often wrong. Important updates are missed. Indications are that they have far far more cards on order than they can hope to deliver in the next year or so. Gibbo did provide five updates today though: at 11:00 (#683), 11:50 (#294), 12:09 (#297), 12:56 (#300) and 15:33 (#308). Each of these updates involved ostentatiously showing off his luxury car using the company forum.
Well said

Associate
I was... scanning around a competitor website as they have 3080 vision OC's coming in with 0 outstanding pre orders - they won't be selling any cards until they have cleared all back orders. They will be offering surplus cards to customers with longer queue times. I was told they plan to clear all orders by mid Feb. THIS is how you treat your customers. not like the absolute joke we're all experiencing. Gibbo needs to get sacked after this shambles!

Associate

Well said mate. None of us expect @Gibbo to comment on this thread constantly but the lack of clear info is worrying.

Associate
You might be ok with that, but a lot of people don't think the same way. Person X sees they're 50th in the queue, and Gibbo says 51 units expected in next week. He can qualify that all he likes, but Person X still books time off work/orders other stuff to finish his build/just gets excited. Then next week rolls around and only 49 cards arrived. When you have this problem multiplied over every shipment of every card every week, it's going to **** a lot of people off and create headaches for CS.

Not saying that being vague is any better really, but they've been put in an impossible position.

Virtually everybody would be a lot more happy with detailed numbers, the only reason not to provide the info is they would not be able to squirrel cards away.
Even the info we do get does not add up most of the time,.

Associate
I honestly admire you @Thatchappers. Seriously.

You are prepared to put across a point of view that is at odds with how most people are feeling. You are prepared to take flack from said people for expressing your view and that is admirable.

The fact that you are prepared to defend a company that is sitting on a large amount of your cash really only highlights how friggin cowardly the paid staff are for not bothering to do what you are doing for free.

You’ve put more effort into appeasing angry customers in the last few hours than ‘they’ have all week.

In case it’s unclear, I’m not taking the p, I’m being serious, your efforts only serve to highlight how bad ‘they’ are. If a genuine punter is prepared to stick his neck out for OCUK why the fark can’t they?

Back
Top Bottom