Two different GPU's, one build?

Associate
Hi,

Can I use two different GPUs on the same Motherboard? One dedicated to gaming, on a fast monitor. The second dedicated to a second screen, for web browsing, video etc?
This way, my gaming GPU wastes no cycles doing anything else except driving that game.

Why would I really want to? Simply morbid curiosity! Doesn't seem to be any reason why I cannot run Nvidea alongside AMD in this way. But maybe I'm missing something?

Associate
Hi,

Can I use two different GPUs on the same Motherboard? One dedicated to gaming, on a fast monitor. The second dedicated to a second screen, for web browsing, video etc?
This way, my gaming GPU wastes no cycles doing anything else except driving that game.

Why would I really want to? Simply morbid curiosity! Doesn't seem to be any reason why I cannot run Nvidea alongside AMD in this way. But maybe I'm missing something?

You could look into GPU passthrough and VMs :p

I had separate VMs for different games at one point, before I shrunk to my current single GPU system.

Man of Honour
If you have an Intel CPU, you could just connect the second monitor to the IGP.

But, I don't think any modern GPU is going to struggle with browsing while you game.

Associate
I think this is pretty redundant these days.

I have a v56 and two screens 2k and 4k.
Turning off my 4k screen has no impact on FPS on the 1440p screen.

Back
Top Bottom