PC wont boot.

Associate
Hey guys,

I have a little problem with my pc. It was working ok this morning but when i went to go on it tonight it will not boot. I have tried swapping out the ram, reseating gpu and cpu and checked all cables to make sure nothing has come loose and cleared cmos with no luck.

The CPU/DRAM lights on the board just keep flashing back and forth and the rgb on the gpu flashes on and off, also the rgb strips wont light up.

Do you think im looking at a dead motherboard ? It's been running ok now for over a year with no problems.

Gigabyte Aorus b450m
Ryzen 1600
16gb DDR4 Hyper Predator
Gigabyte rx570 8gb
Samsung ssd
Be-quiet 500watt

Thank you.

Associate
unplug the rgb, the sata, the gpu and the reset button for the front panel of the case and see if the motherboard will power up

Is it plugged directly to the wall, or on a power strip?

Associate
OP
unplug the rgb, the sata, the gpu and the reset button for the front panel of the case and see if the motherboard will power up

Is it plugged directly to the wall, or on a power strip?

Hey Hakanese,

Did everything you suggested and it was still doing the same. Found a Asus B450-A motherboard new in its box, forgot i had it haha ... must go through all my parts one day, never know what ill find i forgot i had :)

All working ok now, just put a new m.2 in and installing windows now. must have been the motherboard. Shame as it was only just over a year old.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Associate
OP
Man that's a total downer when the motherboard dies, especially after only a year, any idea what could have killed it?

Not a clue. Other half used it in the morning for around a hour, came to boot it up in the afternoon and it was like that. Just bad luck a guess :(

Lucky it was only the HTPC and not my gaming PC, that would have been a nightmare.

Soldato
Hey Hakanese,

Did everything you suggested and it was still doing the same. Found a Asus B450-A motherboard new in its box, forgot i had it haha ... must go through all my parts one day, never know what ill find i forgot i had :)

All working ok now, just put a new m.2 in and installing windows now. must have been the motherboard. Shame as it was only just over a year old.

Thanks for the help guys :)

It happens, my Asus z68 motherboard still going strong for 9+ years, my old Epox nforce4 motherboard (use for Linux) is still working which is even older.

Back
Top Bottom