Meshify s2 airflow fan setup advice

Associate
Hi guys, I just got a Meshify s2 to handle those components: 6800xt, 16gbram corsair vengeance pro rgb, i9 9900k (noctua nhd15-s) and an Aorus 2390 pro. I need an advice about my fans config: preinstalled the meshify comes with two 140 front intake and one rear for exhaust. I've added one corsair 140mm fan at the front and one bottom (intake). I've also two other spares corsair 140mm to fit inside, not sure If I'm good to go like this, or I should add someone to top exhaust. Consider that to the noctua cpu cooler I've added another noctua 140mm fans like in the normal nhd15 settings (two fans). THank you guys
smile.gif

Soldato
Bottom fans are not very helpful cos the restricted air flow. Leave them unpopulated will be fine. In your use case you want to ensure full front fan intakes and rear as exhaust and top exhausts.

Associate
OP
Bottom fans are not very helpful cos the restricted air flow. Leave them unpopulated will be fine. In your use case you want to ensure full front fan intakes and rear as exhaust and top exhausts.
Thanks for the reply: Where Shall I place the top exhaust? I've already the two noctua cpu fans blowing out the air to the rear exhaust, so placing a top exhaust before the cpu cooler above the ram is not a bad idea? (It will suxk the air from the intake right?)

Soldato
Hi guys, I just got a Meshify s2 to handle those components: 6800xt, 16gbram corsair vengeance pro rgb, i9 9900k (noctua nhd15-s) and an Aorus 2390 pro. I need an advice about my fans config: preinstalled the meshify comes with two 140 front intake and one rear for exhaust. I've added one corsair 140mm fan at the front and one bottom (intake). I've also two other spares corsair 140mm to fit inside, not sure If I'm good to go like this, or I should add someone to top exhaust. Consider that to the noctua cpu cooler I've added another noctua 140mm fans like in the normal nhd15 settings (two fans). THank you guys
smile.gif
Stock Meshify fans are almost worthless because they are low speed and have extremely low pressure rating. I would replace with a couple of 140mm fans 1300-1500rpm with 1.3-1.5mm H2O pressure rating or more. Block openings in front fan mounting panel not covered by these intake fans so the air they push into case has to flow on through case, not leak around in front of fans to go in circles. Below link to basics of how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow will probably be helpful:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770

Associate
OP
Stock Meshify fans are almost worthless because they are low speed and have extremely low pressure rating. I would replace with a couple of 140mm fans 1300-1500rpm with 1.3-1.5mm H2O pressure rating or more. Block openings in front fan mounting panel not covered by these intake fans so the air they push into case has to flow on through case, not leak around in front of fans to go in circles. Below link to basics of how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow will probably be helpful:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770
Alright, yeah thery are quite useless (only 3pin connector and basically no pressure at max speed). I've ordered a liquid cooler for the cpu, so I will just use the fans of the nhd-15 for the front instake (instead of the stock ones)

Soldato
Definitely worth trying to mount D15 fans (NF-A15 fans ) but might be problematic. They have 120mm fan mounting holes (105mm hole spacing on 140mm fan (124.5mm hole spacing), so even if you can fit them to holes that match they will have mounting framework in airflow area. I used to make mounting adapter out of 5mm thick or thicker wood or plastic to mount TY-140 fans as case fans in 140mm vents.
120mm-140mm-mount-adp-2-mea-jpg.2468249

Sorry for the huge size. For some reason not all images are posted same size on different forums.

Associate
OP
@coach7290 i just realised I posted in the wrong thread. Ignore the above

try
1) no top fans
2) top fans as in take

See which gives you better results.
Yeah I will try different settings to understand which will work better. But now with a 420mm radiator of the water cooler, I can't have any top fans of course :(

Back
Top Bottom