• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Half of my ram is not being detected after installing 3060ti :( hopefully bios update sorts it...

Tried different slots and it seems slot 4 is not working... Was fine with v56

Edit: Updated bios and now ram works... Didn't like my stock b450 bios.
Testing 3d mark, taking rank 1 spots for r5 2600 and 3060ti combo since there's barely any :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Half of my ram is not being detected after installing 3060ti :( hopefully bios update sorts it...

Tried different slots and it seems slot 4 is not working... Was fine with v56

Edit: Updated bios and now ram works... Didn't like my stock b450 bios.
Testing 3d mark, taking rank 1 spots for r5 2600 and 3060ti combo since there's barely any :D
Good news that you got it working!

Please can you post some average FPS from games? Specifically Warzone if you have it please for 1440p ultra with ray tracing on!

Associate
Good news that you got it working!

Please can you post some average FPS from games? Specifically Warzone if you have it please for 1440p ultra with ray tracing on!
Uninstalled warzone a while ago, just tried control 1440p everything max including RT DLSS on and got 80ish for the hour I played. RT off DLSS on its 120ish FPS.
Killing floor 2 I got locked 150fps with 50% GPU usage, with Vega 56 I had 100-120fps with 99% usage, GCN does bad in unreal engine.

Preloading cyberpunk now so that's the next game to test

Man of Honour
Uninstalled warzone a while ago, just tried control 1440p everything max including RT DLSS on and got 80ish for the hour I played. RT off DLSS on its 120ish FPS.
Killing floor 2 I got locked 150fps with 50% GPU usage, with Vega 56 I had 100-120fps with 99% usage, GCN does bad in unreal engine.

Quick question, I keep hearing that people have the FPS locked, what do you need to do this? And is it a constant figure or does it mean the max it'll go to?

Soldato

I’m just downloading Control now, so will see what kind of FPS I get.

Associate
Quick question, I keep hearing that people have the FPS locked, what do you need to do this? And is it a constant figure or does it mean the max it'll go to?
I used the nvidia control panel option under manage 3d settings > max frame rate, set it to 150 as my monitor is 155hz. It was a constant 150 in that game but its a fairly easy game to run.

Associate
running 1440p maxed out in 7d2d and the clocks hit 1965mhz @68-70c , my 5700 red devil was hitting 2080mhz out of the box @74c and hit 135-160fps .
i am doing to tweaks to my system as i type this lol , i am running the latest nvidia drivers and also got the palit thundermaster software for overclocking

It could also just be the game. 7 days still has a long way to go optimisation wise. The cards are brand new so drivers could be an issue too. There's a tonne of things you can do to boots fps in 7 Days too. I set the Low preset then bump settings up till out looks good and has acceptable fps. Can't remember the exact settings I'm using but I have shadows down a notch or two, textures high and I can't remember which setting makes the trees look good but it also does draw distance I think, that's on high too. I can check later if your interested.
What CPU so you have? It's been less important since they moved the game to Unity engine but it can still matter.

Edit: Since you had well over 100fps with the 5700xt CPU is really not going to be a problem actually. Still curious as to what your running tho

Soldato
done some testing in a few games and in timespy/firestike and tbh i am a little underwhelmed , 1345 points higher than the 5700xt red devil (5700xt=10232 score) but while playing 7d2d 35-45fps which is a lot lower than the 5700xt . but in horizon zero dawn i am getting better fps in this game and in metro exodus , i might need a fresh install of windows tbh ?

I'm sat on an 8 month old install of Windows 10, all I did was take the old drivers off, new drivers on and off it went, don't think a reinstall will help you..

Soldato

RT on with DLSS quality mode I’m getting around 86FPS average. No RT is about 130FPS. So looks pretty consistent as my card is overclocked.

Associate
So im moving from a 2060super to the 3060ti, do i need to clear out the current nvidia drivers or am I good to plug and play and then just check for updates?

Also can the folks getting theres today advise if we are getting the Geforce Now membership with the card or not?

Associate
So im moving from a 2060super to the 3060ti, do i need to clear out the current nvidia drivers or am I good to plug and play and then just check for updates?

Also can the folks getting theres today advise if we are getting the Geforce Now membership with the card or not?

I'm moving from a 1070 to the 3060ti - I'm probably going to clean out the drivers before doing the switch and installing them again from scratch, but I'm not sure if you need to do this instead of just doing the switch and keeping the drivers, to be honest.

Associate
RT on with DLSS quality mode I’m getting around 86FPS average. No RT is about 130FPS. So looks pretty consistent as my card is overclocked.
Yeah about the same as mine just played for a bit more with RT off, DLSS quality and was hovering around 130fps too.
on another note looks like im CPU bottlenecked in some other games i've tested, Death Stranding (DLSS on and off same fps) and DMC5 where my CPU limits the GPU to around 110-120fps. Battlefield 1 is the same the CPU cant keep up after 120fps~ :D Will have to look into getting a 3600/3700x/5600x in the new year when im done with cyberpunk.

Soldato
Yeah about the same as mine just played for a bit more with RT off, DLSS quality and was hovering around 130fps too.
on another note looks like im CPU bottlenecked in some other games i've tested, Death Stranding (DLSS on and off same fps) and DMC5 where my CPU limits the GPU to around 110-120fps. Battlefield 1 is the same the CPU cant keep up after 120fps~ :D Will have to look into getting a 3600/3700x/5600x in the new year when im done with cyberpunk.
Glad to see we have similar very good performance but also that we are both limited by our CPUs in certain games. I’ll also be upgrading my CPU in the new year :D

Soldato

You can also do it with Riva Tuner. With gsync at one time it was recommended to turn vsync on in Nvidia Control Panel, and set the FPS Max to 1 less than your monitor refresh. So if its a 144hz monitor set it to 143 fps max. Then vsync off in games.

Can anyone who has got a 3060ti delivered tell me if they got a Geforce Now subscription or any free games with it?

Geforce now 12 months (although already got a sub)

I'm moving from a 1070 to the 3060ti - I'm probably going to clean out the drivers before doing the switch and installing them again from scratch, but I'm not sure if you need to do this instead of just doing the switch and keeping the drivers, to be honest.

You can actually just plug and play I did this from 1060 to 2060 super recently. The driver wasnt the latest so updated it too. I never do a cleanout if going from like to like GPU chipset never had any issues.

Back
Top Bottom