• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question about stock for older cards?

Associate
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine is currently building a new PC for their kid. It will be their first proper gaming rig. They were hoping to get a 1660 super (or something similar) but everywhere has been out of stock for ages now. Does anyone have idea if stock will be coming in before Christmas? Or are there any alternative cards for less than 250 that people could recommend for 1080p gaming?

Associate
There are 1660 supers available if you look on the typical sites. Like a new Gigabyte dual fan model for £230.

Forget about pre xmas stock. Even 2nd hand prices are mad. But old capable cards like the RX 480 are more realistic :)

Hope that helps.

Permabanned
Everything is a mess. I guess they just stopped making 20 series and besides, shops didn't want old tech, so everywhere is out of stock, and there is no new 30 series. A mess.

Associate
OP
There are 1660 supers available if you look on the typical sites. Like a new Gigabyte dual fan model for £230.

Forget about pre xmas stock. Even 2nd hand prices are mad. But old capable cards like the RX 480 are more realistic :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks, when I was looking earlier I couldn't find any in stock. Just gone round them all again and I've just noticed that some are now showing in stock :)

Associate
OP
Thanks, when I was looking earlier I couldn't find any in stock. Just gone round them all again and I've just noticed that some are now showing in stock :)

So two retailers who were showing stock have both cancelled orders for the cards claiming they can both no longer find them in their warehouse...

Shouldn't really be shocked at this behaviour but part of me thinks that they never had stock. All very frustrating :(

Back
Top Bottom