*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
You have 16GB VRAM don’t you? Should run buttery smooth :p;)

Well I played through the first hour today while streaming for a couple of mates to twitch using the my gpu to encode as well. @3440x1440 and a mix of some medium, some low and some high settings I manage around 50fps mins I saw were around 43. Not a single crash yet, no issues and I havent updated to any sort of game ready drivers. For the sort of game it is and how it feels this is perfectly fine performance for me.

There was however a dude sitting in mid air and me having a gun fight and killing 5 police men, oh and a problem where my resolution got all messed up after having to return to quick save point.

a screenshot probably would have been enough tbh. I really enjoyed the first hour and a half or so :)

Last edited:
Associate
Getting a real love/hate relationship with this game now.

I've had 2 CTD's.
Several times I've been trying to stealth a mission, approached an enemy, no 'take down' option appears, and then they spot me and its back to shooting people in the face.
Speakings of shooting people, everyone seems to be an absolute bullet sponge, entire clips needed to down a single enemy.
The 'tutorial' is non-existant. I've got no idea how to craft, no idea what to do with things I pick up, no idea where the additional guns go I'm collecting, no idea how to attach scopes/silencers to guns. It currently feels like I'm wondering around a beautiful landscape, but the game play seems to have boiled down to shooting people in the face with a shot gun.

The stealth/gun play mechanics of something like the Far Cry series is far superior, and that's pretty much unchanged in the last decade.

Caporegime
Tbf, in a world of cyberware and armoured clothing, people would be a bit more spongey in the bullet department.

I've tweak my monitor to run letterbox ultrawide 1080p instead of normal 1440p and that gave me a decent fps boost for my modest hardware.

Associate
I’ve been playing at 4K ultra maxed out with a constant 50- 60fps so I can’t complain because the game maxed out looks epic ! Just installed the new 1.04 update & the game defo runs smoother... I’ve only played about 3 hours but loving what I’ve played so far... really having a blast with it, the game isn’t perfect by any means , the AI is a little dumb , it’s to easy to just run & gun & hide & heal... no lean option ? It’s 2020 that should be in every shooting game... combat does feel a little static but it is fun non the less... I’m sure over the coming months we will get to see the game improve for the better

Soldato
Almost too many people, I am often seeing the exact same person with the exact same clothes , walk past me multiple times. I've literally just had the same guy, in the same clothes walk along with 2 identical guys, with the same identical clothes, behind him. All 3 of them in a line. If you walk around the city and pay attention to the NPCs, you will notice A LOT of repeats... the small boy with the shorts and headband...the fat guy with his arms crossed , waddling...the guy with one left cyber arm...the woman who is hunched over...the npc holding their right arm. Theres A LOT of repeating of npc models.

Now that's kind of disappointing as I'm sure CDPR did an interview where they specifically said they had designed "thousands" of unique NPCs each with a complex and realistic routine and bespoke voiced interactions with the player character. Perhaps content which simply got cut but an example of something which wasn't simply conjured by the hype/fans.

The more I read about the game the more I think the way to approach it to have the best experience is to treat it more like a linear game, or a sort of semi-open game such as the various Deus Ex titles. The city in those always felt bigger than it was but (due to presumably technical limitations mostly) you were usually hemmed in to a fairly restricted playable area of it... Given the lack of depth in the NPCs and "open world" aspects here it seems like it's perhaps best if you don't focus too hard on the more sandbox-y kind of GTA like gameplay and instead try and stick to the missions mostly. Only unlike the Deus Ex games you won't feel artificially boxed in by impassable gates and walls so the feeling of being in a big city will be more believable

Soldato
i kind of get the feeling that the engine this game runs on is not suited for this type of game. just the way it does things it feels like its more for the witcher type of setting than futuristic urban sandbox. cryengine or ue5 may have made more sense.

Soldato
Getting a real love/hate relationship with this game now.

I've had 2 CTD's.
Several times I've been trying to stealth a mission, approached an enemy, no 'take down' option appears, and then they spot me and its back to shooting people in the face.
Speakings of shooting people, everyone seems to be an absolute bullet sponge, entire clips needed to down a single enemy.
The 'tutorial' is non-existant. I've got no idea how to craft, no idea what to do with things I pick up, no idea where the additional guns go I'm collecting, no idea how to attach scopes/silencers to guns. It currently feels like I'm wondering around a beautiful landscape, but the game play seems to have boiled down to shooting people in the face with a shot gun.

The stealth/gun play mechanics of something like the Far Cry series is far superior, and that's pretty much unchanged in the last decade.

Nail on the head. I've played it for 8.5 hours now and don't even know how to access the stuff i've picked up. Is there an inventory key / menu to access it?
Just done the braindance part and came out of Lizzies bar. 8.5 hours is probably a chunk wondering around and in the game menu

Associate
I'd like to revise my 9.5/10 after playing all day, the dead world is saddening, 8/10 tops now or 7.5 :(

Edit: Reading the reddits and all the cut or half done/arsed stuff, 5/10 now, seriously no bd's outside of the story and a really poor, dull, lifeless, empty city, it's beauty being skin deep is so true

Are you playing this on PC ? Every where I am in the city there are 100s of people & random gun battles going on non stop ! You playing the right game ?

Soldato
i kind of get the feeling that the engine this game runs on is not suited for this type of game. just the way it does things it feels like its more for the witcher type of setting than futuristic urban sandbox. cryengine or ue5 may have made more sense.

I'm not sure. This engine would have been a fantastic showcase for Unreal 3

Are you playing this on PC ? Every where I am in the city there are 100s of people & random gun battles going on non stop ! You playing the right game ?
Same for me, loads of stuff going on everywhere.
E.g. take a random wander in Kabuki and find you can explore the rooftops where there are people chilling out, fights street vendors and generally just 'life'

Not a single crash yet, no issues and I havent updated to any sort of game ready drivers. For the sort of game it is and how it feels this is perfectly fine performance for me.

What GPU and drivers please? The Nvidia latest ones work great for Cyberpunk but are terrible for COD MW / Warzone

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What GPU and drivers please? The Nvidia latest ones work great for Cyberpunk but are terrible for COD MW / Warzone

Im running a radeon 7 on whatever drivers they were a couple of months ago :D Not sure if i lost any fps streaming the game but probably. I must be weird as I found the gun battles so far actually pretty good and engaging. Lots going on and i havent yet found the inventory screen.

Soldato
Nail on the head. I've played it for 8.5 hours now and don't even know how to access the stuff i've picked up. Is there an inventory key / menu to access it?
Just done the braindance part and came out of Lizzies bar. 8.5 hours is probably a chunk wondering around and in the game menu
Press i for inventory and stuff.

Soldato
Hah I see why they disabled all the mirrors now. Just finished the prologue and it showed one for 2 seconds and framerate dropped from 50 to 25.

Soldato
Remember your all see different stuff going on in the game, depending who you start with, there three different ways to play the game, i have started all three, few hours with each, and see different stuff with each of them, so if your just playing your first playthrough with just one class to start with, your not seeing two thirds of the game are you.

Soldato
Hah I see why they disabled all the mirrors now. Just finished the prologue and it showed one for 2 seconds and framerate dropped from 50 to 25.
What mirrors, mirrors on cars ? better not be the mirrors we look in, there great, so there taking out the good stuff just to make the game run better, oh no, what a shame.

Soldato
I'm not sure. This engine would have been a fantastic showcase for Unreal 3

dunno when i saw unreal engine do this 9 years ago i was impressed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

you can test some of these on your system and see what unreal engine 4 has to offer:
https://ue4arch.com/demos/

and ue5 is even more impressive.

cyberpunk just feels like deus ex and gta combined. its a shame you cant go inside all the buildings and all the rooms in the buildings too. was hoping it was capable of such stuff even if just to find useless loot.

Back
Top Bottom