Waterproofing garden office felt roof

Soldato
So just noticed a drip coming through the ceiling. It's got a layer of roofing felt on, and is now about 2 years old.

Obviously we're now in wet weather, so getting a dry spell to do much will be tough. I've been looking at waterproofing paints etc. Would like white/grey to help with it getting hot in summer?

Any tips or suggestions?

Soldato
Gods Country, But trailing in Ron-ski's solar wake
So just noticed a drip coming through the ceiling. It's got a layer of roofing felt on, and is now about 2 years old.

Obviously we're now in wet weather, so getting a dry spell to do much will be tough. I've been looking at waterproofing paints etc. Would like white/grey to help with it getting hot in summer?

Any tips or suggestions?
Cromapol flat roof acrylic paint, comes in white, black or grey.....has fibres running through it to make it stronger and bridge any gaps

Associate
It might be just that its cheap felt and worn out already. Is it not just easier to felt over it with some decent 10 year guarantee stuff?

Also make sure there's no branches rubbing against it.

Associate
Go and check for overall damage and if it has just worn out. Patching may help for now but it may need fixing properly.
How big is the roof and is it flat and insulated? You can get kits for diy to apply a rubber roof which will be hard wearing and basically replace the felt with a fully sealed surface.

Fix once. Fix it for good if you can etc. Leaks are horrible and water getting it will likely do more to timber and other materials too before you saw it drip through.

Man of Honour
Isoflex liquid rubber. You'll need the primer as well.

Works extremely well. Don't wear anything that you care about. Disposable coveralls recommended as it sticky, probably a vapour filtering mask too as it stinks. Other half got high as a kite doing the shed's roof. *Sexual equality! She did the shed roof... I baked muffins. :D*

There is a cleanup fluid as well. It's ok. Fine for getting it off glass and other trim if you're quick, don't bother trying to clean brushes off. Buy cheap ones and bin them.

Been on what was our leaky 12x8 shed for over 2 years and it's not leaking at all. Also used it to add some grippy handles to a couple of garden tools, really holding up well.

Also, just do the whole roof with it. Better than patching. Especially with winter coming up.

Associate

Any tips or suggestions?

2 years seems very quick to fail. Unless it was punctured somehow. Could it have been condensation dripping?

Back
Top Bottom