Ryzen 5600x ram

Associate
I'm waiting for my 5600x to be delivered and I'm conscious that my Team Group Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual needs upgrading. I have a B550 Mortar mobo.

What's the best ram to get? I remember reading 32gb 3600hz works particularly well with this cpu. Don't want to spend mega money (max 150), so hoping for a deal if possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anybody?Any help would be appreciated.

Save your cash. Or at least wait to see what happens when you get your new CPU. Do some research on the subject, there are plenty of videos online which address RAM speeds and their effects on FPS. Your RAM is already around the point of deminishing returns when it comes to gaming performnace. Maybe try overclocking it instead?

Associate
OP
Save your cash. Or at least wait to see what happens when you get your new CPU. Do some research on the subject, there are plenty of videos online which address RAM speeds and their effects on FPS. Your RAM is already around the point of deminishing returns when it comes to gaming performnace. Maybe try overclocking it instead?
Sound advice, thank you.

Wont doubling my RAM to 32gb will improve FPS?

Soldato
Sound advice, thank you.

Wont doubling my RAM to 32gb will improve FPS?

I don't think it is going to improve your average FPS noticably. What it may do is improve your minimum FPS in some very demaning games such as FS2020. Keep your 16GB, you will always have the option to add more in the future if it becomes required.

Back
Top Bottom