"No Display Issue" Need help!

Associate
Build - ryzen5 3600x, patriot viper 16gb ddr4, powercolor vega 64, 750w psu, msi b450 mobo.

I've worked at it trying various things and got it to the stage that I can get a screen to show (hdmi connection) when connected to the graphics card, but its intermittently working and can cut out anytime showing "no signal" but the computer itself remains on.

If the tower is so much as touched or knocked the screen can cut off needing a reset to show again and sometimes having to fiddle about with the gpu to get it to work again. (what I've tried - ram removal and replaced into different slots, cmos removed, gpu removed and clipped back in, tried to ensure all cables are properly connected).

I also have a gpu brace/bracket to help prevent sag and hold it in place, but as soon as I attach it in anyway I'm getting no signal, also when i add the tempered glass panel back onto the side of the case i'm getting the same no signal issue...

I've had it running for periods of a couple of hours with absolutely no issues, and all of a sudden, "no signal" can pop up and I'm out of ideas.

When I connect the same HDMI to the mobo i cant get a screen to show at all. I've tried taking ram out and different ram slots, I took the cmos battery out and tried resetting that, no joy either. Find it strange that its not showing when connected to the mobo as well?

Also the PC isn't making beep sounds either when trying different ram slots, which I was told to listen out for to identify the issues im having.

Anyone have any ideas?

Horribly worded, but I hope someone can make sense of this and offer a solution.

Associate
If the tower is so much as touched or knocked the screen can cut off needing a reset to show again

I also have a gpu brace/bracket to help prevent sag and hold it in place, but as soon as I attach it in anyway I'm getting no signal, also when i add the tempered glass panel back onto the side of the case i'm getting the same no signal issue...

Due to above IMO this is a connection issue with the GPU. Are you sure you have plugged it in properly? I used my old GTX 7700 for years without it properly plugged in back in the day because I didn't want to push it in too hard - was worried about breaking it.

Ryzen5 3600x has no igpu - you will never see anything from the motherboard output. So that is a non-issue. But it does make troubleshooting harder...

Do you have a spare old GPU? Or a compatible processor with integrated graphics?

Has the motherboard been abused / bent? Did you stress the PCI slots when the backplate was not present?

When did this start? Is it a new build, or had it been stable before?

Associate
OP
So I'll not get a display from the mobo port at all? Well that resolves that haha!

I feel like I've plugged the gpu in properly. My friend has a msi 1660 super we where going to try cant a chance too.

Motherboard is new, some components are from old machines but in working order.

Man of Honour
From the symptoms it sounds like it isn't seating properly, does your board have a second PCI-E 16x slot?

I'd also check the power connectors to the GPU are secure, make sure there aren't overtight wires connecting to the front panel, check any cables that are near to, or under the GPU and if your board has power and/or clear CMOS buttons on the rear I/O or near the PCI-E slots, make sure they're not being pressed by something.

Associate
OP
From the symptoms it sounds like it isn't seating properly, does your board have a second PCI-E 16x slot?

I'd also check the power connectors to the GPU are secure, make sure there aren't overtight wires connecting to the front panel, check any cables that are near to, or under the GPU and if your board has power and/or clear CMOS buttons on the rear I/O or near the PCI-E slots, make sure they're not being pressed by something.

Think so. Had a friend bring round his graphics card, msi 1660ti and slot it in and had no problems at all so its the graphics card itself.

Back
Top Bottom