Looking for Reviews on EKWB Coolstream XE 480mm Radiators

Associate
Hi All,

I have been looking but can't find just a simple review with diagrams on Temps, that these bad boys can displace. I've done the usual searches but coming up with nothing useful.

Regards

K

Associate
I have a XE 360 , really good rad , in fact it's still one of the best. However it needs to be in a push pull configuration or you might as well go for a much thinner rad.

Associate
OP
I have a XE 360 , really good rad , in fact it's still one of the best. However it needs to be in a push pull configuration or you might as well go for a much thinner rad.

Thank-you! I bloody didn't realise the 30mm screws were for the Fans to attach to the radiator...hopefully I've not caused to much issue.

Associate

Well i guess its down to personal preference, if your happy with high speed fans in a push only configuration and the noise doesn't bother you then its still a great rad but the rad is really optimal for push pull at lower fan speeds. With that you get great cooling and low noise levels. I run a 45mm 360 crossflow and a XE360, both in push pull. My loop temps never exceed 34 degrees and whilst on general tasks the loop is never more than 1 or 2 degrees above ambient, but most importantly it's silent.

Associate
OP
Well i guess its down to personal preference, if your happy with high speed fans in a push only configuration and the noise doesn't bother you then its still a great rad but the rad is really optimal for push pull at lower fan speeds. With that you get great cooling and low noise levels. I run a 45mm 360 crossflow and a XE360, both in push pull. My loop temps never exceed 34 degrees and whilst on general tasks the loop is never more than 1 or 2 degrees above ambient, but most importantly it's silent.

Yea Push-Pull is my prefered method,I've gone for five radiators now from EKWB, I have three 480 XE and two 360 SE on the rear. Going to be a nightmare to plumb but also quite exciting :)

Soldato

With the el ex 360 with 6x120mm push and pull fans, what rpm would you recommend for optimal silence and cooling?

Back
Top Bottom