What die does the kit "F4-3200C16D-32GVK" Use?

Associate
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to setup a new PC build and I picked up the Ryzen 5 2600 and am pairing it with the B450m Aorus Elite from Gigabyte. The last part I need is the RAM and I'm planning to use the kit by G.Skill; "F4-3200C16D-32GVK". However, I am unsure of the die this particular RAM kit uses. I believe it was confirmed 3 years ago that it used Hynix M-dies, which in the present after BIOS stability updates seem to work well with the Pinnacle Ridge cpus. However, I've seen some recent reviews that they apparently ship with cheap Samsung B-die now and I'm wondering what the compatibility of this cheap B-die is with a Pinnacle Ridge cpu. It's fine If I can't get it to run XMP, I'm just hoping for a 2933mhz speed on the RAM.

PS: Getting RAM from the QVL list of my motherboard is out of the question, the 32GB RAM kits are either all too expensive since they're in 4 modules, or just too low of a speed. (Plus the fact that my time is running out to build this PC, I have to buy stuff from my local store, and this kit seems to be the only one that fits my criteria). I also found some Corsair 32gb kits from another local store; CMK32GX4M2B3200C16, however they are v4.32 and I've heard those clock horribly with Pinnacle Ridge CPUS).

Thanks for reading or replying, I appreciate it.

Update 31/12/2020: Built the PC today, ended up getting the G.skill F4-3200C16D-32GVK. It didn't run at 3200mhz XMP, but did fine when I enabled XMP and changed the multiplier to get a frequency of 2933mhz. Running it through Thaipoon burner, it does indeed seem that G.skill have changed the dies they use from 3 years ago, from Hynix M-die to cheap Samsung B-die (K4A8G085WB-BCPB), hence why I probably couldn't run it at 3200mhz. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think your over worrying the situation if you can only get the corsair ftom the local store thrn thats your option.
Yeahhh it's just that I've seen a concerning amount of people online who say the Vengeance LPX doesn't work well at all with Ryzen. The Corsair isn't my only option, as stated in the op I was planning to get the Ripjaws from G.skill, just wanted to know what die it was using.

Man of Honour
Yeahhh it's just that I've seen a concerning amount of people online who say the Vengeance LPX doesn't work well at all with Ryzen. The Corsair isn't my only option, as stated in the op I was planning to get the Ripjaws from G.skill, just wanted to know what die it was using.
All i could find was hynix m die for the g skill , it can get a bit of a head bash especially single v dual rank memory.

Man of Honour
There seems to be a few different versions of LPX and like you said, some don't seem to like Ryzen. I'd probably take the G.Skill. If you can only run at 2666 it's annoying, but not the end of the world.

Soldato
I am currently using the Vengeance LPX 3600MHz 2x16Gb (CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18) and running at 3800Mhz. They even run at 4000MHz but timings were loose causing a worse latency. The chips Micron B-die according to Thaipoon Burner and single rank.

They overclock pretty well so not too bad imo. The M2Z in the product code means it's optimised for Ryzen. Sadly most 16Gb modules are single rank so very difficult to find dual rank anymore unless you pay through the nose.

Associate
OP
There seems to be a few different versions of LPX and like you said, some don't seem to like Ryzen. I'd probably take the G.Skill. If you can only run at 2666 it's annoying, but not the end of the world.
I am currently using the Vengeance LPX 3600MHz 2x16Gb (CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18) and running at 3800Mhz. They even run at 4000MHz but timings were loose causing a worse latency. The chips Micron B-die according to Thaipoon Burner and single rank.

They overclock pretty well so not too bad imo. The M2Z in the product code means it's optimised for Ryzen. Sadly most 16Gb modules are single rank so very difficult to find dual rank anymore unless you pay through the nose.

Yea, the ones in my store right now are the M2B version, not made for Ryzen so probably no guarantees at all. None of my stores around me seem to sell high speed RAM for Ryzen at 3200mhz, just at 2400-2666. Corsair seems to have changed the dies in the LPX's over their lifetime, going from microns in v3.xx, to Samsung B-die in v4.31, C-dies in V4.32 and then M-dies in some of the V5.xx variants.

Associate
OP
Update: Built the PC today, ended up getting the G.skill F4-3200C16D-32GVK. It didn't run at 3200mhz XMP, but did fine when I enabled XMP and changed the multiplier to get a frequency of 2933mhz. Running it through Thaipoon burner, it does indeed seem that G.skill have changed the dies they use from 3 years ago, from Hynix M-die to cheap Samsung B-die (K4A8G085WB-BCPB), hence why I probably couldn't run it at 3200mhz. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom