A loop for a Meshify S2 case

Soldato
I wish to know if this will work

I'm using the Fractal Meshify S2 case.

I wish to front mount a EK XE 360 or Corsair XR7 360 at the front of the case with 6 x 25mm fans.
And then a EK SE 360 or Corsair XR5 360 at the top with 3x25mm fans.

Normally this would be a very very tight fit, but the GPU is an RTX3090 and which has a short PCB, so adding it into the loop gives another 50mm of space to play with.

But even though there is extra space between the front radiator and the GPU, I don't want the pump+res combo front mounted. I intend to mount it side-ways underneath the GPU.

So the questions I have is:
* Does this idea work? Will it all fit?
* Is it OK to mount the Pump/Res combo on its side?
* Is there much difference between EK and Corsair parts, is one better than the other? They basically cost the same for me. I don't mind mixing parts, so like if Corsair's radiators are better and EK's GPU blocks are better than I'm find with that
* Whats the best type of CPU block for AMD Zen 3? EK sells nickel, plexi, acetal and mixes of these, is one better than the others for temps?

I'm open to any other ideas, but keep in mind that I only have access to EKWB or Corsair products as other brands are not available to me.

Is there much difference between EK and Corsair parts, is one better than the other? They basically cost the same for me. I don't mind mixing parts, so like if Corsair's radiators are better and EK's GPU blocks are better than I'm find with that

For the side mounted pump/res combo, I mean like this:

Last edited:
Soldato
If the concern is front to back space, forget the push/pull option for the front radiator - it really isn't necessary. that gets you another 25mm straight away.

res on its side will work but I would advise filling the loop with the case standing on its front so that the res is vertical. get it full, bleed the loop for a long time, you do not want the water level to fall much if the res is horizontal like that.

if I were you I'd get ek parts at least for the blocks. Corsair are not long-term experts at custom water and it showed with their first gpu blocks that had serious design issues with the fitting housings.

as for the block materials, the base will be the same for all of them so the variation - nickel, plexi, etc. - is just about aesthetics. go with what you like the look of, makes next to no difference if any in performance.

Soldato
I have the standard S2 which is identical inside. With 2x 360 rads, space is rather limited. As above, forget push/pull on the rads it's not required and probably not easily possible either.

I run Hardwarelabs GTS 360 rads, I don't think you would get away with much thicker.

5JjFFu7.jpg

Soldato
OP
I have the standard S2 which is identical inside. With 2x 360 rads, space is rather limited. As above, forget push/pull on the rads it's not required and probably not easily possible either.

I think it's possible

This is what the case looks like now. With the water block fitted, the card runs till the end of the power connectors. I measured 120mm gap between that and my AIO (the AIO is a 28mm rad with 6 25mm fans). So the addtional 32mm from the 60mm rad should fit?

My goal is to ensure the GPU doesn't go over 45c (at 23c room temp) at full load with 480w power draw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom