• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

KFA2/GALAX 3090 SG

Associate
I ordered this card as I gave up waiting for stock. I can't seem to find much information about this card in english though as it seems like GALAX is more popular in the asian market. Anyone here own one and dont mind sharing their thoughts on it?

Also I've been told KFA2 has RMA centre in the UK somewhere, is this correct? Anyone have experience with their RMA? I'm eventually going to watercool this card and i know some manufacturers can be iffy with their RMA although I've sent many cards back for RMA with Nvidia, ASUS, MSI and they've never been able to tell that I took the cooler off.

Associate
OP
Kfa2 are great and their cards look awesome.

I've heard good things about the brand in general but people say MSI is good too whereas I know they are terrible (they sent my friend a watercooled 2080ti with no thermal compound and half the pads missing???). The 3090SG does make me cringe a bit with the rgb logo saying WHATS YOUR GAME but im gonna take off the stock cooler anyway.

Associate
Had a couple of Galax cards over the years and never had a problem. Do the usuall stuff when you get the card and you will be fine. Make sure BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date. Remove old driver with DDU in safe mode.

Associate
I've had mine a month and enjoying the performance. Parent company is Galax who make the Hall of Fame cards so good pedigree. I think with 2 year warranty it's return to retailer you bought it from and they will deal with RMA. I've heard they have a RMA center in Cardiff.

I left that RGB logo off not needed. Also extra fan wouldn't fit so just left it off too. Card is great can't complain.

Associate
The KFA2 3090 SG is fine, though it's power limited at 350W so it's not going to be setting any benchmark records. It doesn't have a dual bios (and I don't have a UPS) so I haven't flashed it yet with a 390W bios that can easily be found online. I'm also getting adequate performance, so haven't had a need to flash it.

Have mine under water (Alphacool block) and I'm happy with how it runs, but even on air it wasn't all that noisy and it had no problems hitting the power limit.

Associate
OP
The KFA2 3090 SG is fine, though it's power limited at 350W so it's not going to be setting any benchmark records. It doesn't have a dual bios (and I don't have a UPS) so I haven't flashed it yet with a 390W bios that can easily be found online. I'm also getting adequate performance, so haven't had a need to flash it.

Have mine under water (Alphacool block) and I'm happy with how it runs, but even on air it wasn't all that noisy and it had no problems hitting the power limit.

How are you finding the waterblock? I've always used EKWB in the past but I'm kinda sick of having to cut the thermal pads to size and EK is very stingy with the amount they give you. I've seen the alphablock ones come with pre cut and numbered pads for easier assembly.

Associate
How are you finding the waterblock? I've always used EKWB in the past but I'm kinda sick of having to cut the thermal pads to size and EK is very stingy with the amount they give you. I've seen the alphablock ones come with pre cut and numbered pads for easier assembly.

It's great, max temperature I've ever seen on the GPU is 49C so far. Two minor issues, the single ram chip thermal pad that came with mine didn't actually reach the cooler (used the original pad instead, which was thicker) and I don't think the instructions told me to put the IO plate between PCB and backplate, which you need (or things start bending). Besides that though, easy to take the card apart and easy to put the block on.

Associate
Here here there is just no need for it anymore and can actually cause issues with Windows.

It pains me to watch so called professionals and enthusiasts sugjest this. Most drivers give you a clean install option these days and removing a driver is simple without any software. DDU needs to die a death and stop being funded.

Back
Top Bottom