• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
On this topic, if this came to fruition, couldn't people just email in with their current order # to request to get any card available that doesn't have a back-order.

I jumped on the Ventus 3X 3080 months back, but right now, I'll literally take what 3080 I can get at MSRP or slightly above than constantly have to check here on the hopes of MSI shipping out over 500 3080 cards.

Two problems there, from what Gibbo has said the CS staff have zero or less than zero time to run an additional mail in programme right now, and even if they did it is a complex process to figure out what is a viable upgrade option based on what people have paid and what the current cost to OCUK is for particular cards.

As for taking what you can get at 'MSRP or slightly above', that ship sailed a long time ago now, MSRP was a fleeting shadow of a reality for the first few mins on the launch day.

I'd say that what Gibbo is doing now is the best solution, just doing free upgrades where he can which will reduce the queues and hopefully the CS work load.

Once that drops a bit there may be room to do something more complicated for those left without a cost justifiable upgrade option...

@Gibbo
I'm defo not brand loyal I'm £850 in on the Zotac Trinity OC a card I didn't even want. But was only one left to get in a que.
I would defo swap except for the palit (that card is Fugley)
Even if it were a cheaper card I'd take store credit rather than a refund. I was after Tuff or KFA2. So if you do clear any back orders of 3080 might be worth a thought not everybody are brand slutz

I'm guessing that you guys must be working with smaller work force than normal with the lock downs ect.
Ppl seem to forget how much strain that can put on ppl and companies.
I work in a 3 person shop, yet I'm having to do it on my own, takings are 40% down yet I am struggling to keep up with the workload as I now have to do 3 ppls jobs. And I'm constantly reminded Hay at least you still have a job.

Associate
BACK ORDER REPORT:
Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC - 618 back orders (186 shipped so far)
Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC - 177 back orders - 10 overdue (236 shipped so far)
Gigabyte 3080 Master - 36 back orders - 8 overdue (137 shipped so far)
Gigabyte 3080 Extreme - 80 back orders - 4 overdue (57 shipped so far)
Thanks for the update Gibbo.

*praying for 10 overdue intensifies* =)

Associate
Think I am one of the lucky ones (so to speak having ordered at 17 Sep 2020 15:20ish) checked my orders and I have been upgraded to SUPRIM rather than 3080 trio x.

It was going to be tight fitting in my case with the 323 x 140 x 56mm trio but 336 x 140 x 61 mm SUPRIM will require cutting or spacers for the front middle fan =/ but when you have been waiting this long I will be trying my damm hardest to make it fit lol.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting.

THJ

THJ

Associate
You say that however, the vast majority of customers appear to have been positive about our attempts to help as many customers as we are able.

I wish you could understand how this is coming across to me..

As I read it what you've basically just said is that were are stupid for trying to help anybody before we are in a position help you.

That cuts both ways fella, you need to consider how this is coming across to me, as I read it you basically just called me entitled for questioning why some Ventus customers arent being upgraded and others are, in direct conflict to what was said by OC previously, I also pointed out that I questioned this BEFORE @Gibbo explained the logic behind the decision and yet I'm apparently still just an insufferable entitled customer.... good one 10/10 customer service

All it needed was a
"3090 ventus is being upgraded to SUPRIM because there are hardly any vs hundreds of 3080 Ventus, also we wont take a massive loss"
That would have been enough to avoid this whole issue from arising (at least from me) but instead it just happened a matter of days after 3080 Ventus customers were told they were "budget focused" therefore not logical to upgrade and nothing was said.

@ScottiB @Gibbo Please ignore this tool the free upgrades are extremely pro customer and I absolutely love that you are doing this. I have been quiet on this forum recently because the quality of the updates and the openness of the info have been spot on I have nothing to complain about lol.
I feel like OCUK are doing all they can now to fix this bad situation
Way to show yourself as ignorant of the situation. My issue was with 3080 Ventus customers being told they wouldnt be upgraded because they were "budget" for the 3090 Ventus customers to then be upgraded a few days later.

Associate
The level of supply on 3080 is believed to be getting slightly worse before CNY not better, I'm sure that Gibbo has communicated this disappointing rumour already.
There appears to be an effort to show real improvement but not at the customer level before March.
Ahhh that’s not good. I’m position 12 for the eagle and have been since just before Xmas... was really hoping it would arrive in January but now I have my doubts. Thanks for the response :)

Associate
As much as I'd like to blame miners for it. This particular situation smacks of something a little simpler.

The OC and non OC are identical, they cost Asus the same to make, yet they are sold at different prices, so it makes business sense to want to sell as many as possible as OC rather than NON. If I were them I would "Bin" every one on the production line and only sell the poor clockers as NON...the 'problem' is that the split between good clocking GPU and poor clocking GPU on this range appears to be VERY one sided. I don't hear many stories about cards which don't clock.

Again, I'm guessing, but having worked with Asus for nearly two decades, they strike me as the least likely company to do deals with miners.

it seems that to meet spec, the concept of a bad bin on these chips is nigh impossible.

for ASUS, this should've been a boon as it meant that they could produce both cards equally and sell primarily OC chips after meeting their obligations to (at the very least) day one orders. what is inexcusable is captialising on this situation to leave over 50% of those who bought cards based on their pre-release marketing with nothing to show for it for months on end while they almost exclusively produced OC parts.

and buy "produced OC parts" i mean slap a different firmware on them.

Associate
That cuts both ways fella, you need to consider how this is coming across to me, as I read it you basically just called me entitled for questioning why some Ventus customers arent being upgraded and others are, in direct conflict to what was said by OC previously, I also pointed out that I questioned this BEFORE @Gibbo explained the logic behind the decision and yet I'm apparently still just an insufferable entitled customer.... good one 10/10 customer service

All it needed was a
"3090 ventus is being upgraded to SUPRIM because there are hardly any vs hundreds of 3080 Ventus, also we wont take a massive loss"
That would have been enough to avoid this whole issue from arising (at least from me) but instead it just happened a matter of days after 3080 Ventus customers were told they were "budget focused" therefore not logical to upgrade and nothing was said.

Way to show yourself as ignorant of the situation. My issue was with 3080 Ventus customers being told they wouldnt be upgraded because they were "budget" for the 3090 Ventus customers to then be upgraded a few days later.

Still digging I see.

Last edited:
Associate

All it needed was a

I've been plenty critical of OCUK in this thread (not the staff, just some business practices), but come on mate, surely you can see that this couldn't really be done any other way? There are so many reasons why, but here are just a few.

1. Cost. Day 1 trio buyers either paid £750 or £780, I think more probably paid £780, and I'd say all or most £750 buyers already have their cards. The early Suprims had a MSRP of £810. So a lot of the trio queue can be upgraded for £30, which will likely be covered by the profit margin. (assuming only £30 profit) So 100x trio to Suprim upgrade might cost OCUK somewhere between £0 and £3000. If you paid £650 or £680 for a ventus, well you have a £130 - £160 difference, so 100x ventus to Suprim upgrades would cost somewhere between £10000 - £13000. And that's just one card - if they set that precedent, then they'd have to do this for 1000 TUF non-oc buyers to strix oc. You can see the costs spiral wildly out of control.

2. Suitability. The Suprim is a big card, with 3x power pins. Not everyone who bought a Ventus bought if because it was cheaper., some did for compatibility reasons. Some don't have the PSU for 3x 8pins, some don't have the space for such a massive card as the Suprim. The people who bought the trio wanted an OC card, and had planned for a large card too. Many trio buyers like myself would have actually bought the Suprim on launch had it been available. So upgrading Trio buyers to Suprim is very low risk and not likely to generate any future work/costs from returns.

3. Fairness. Trio buyers paid more for a more similar product and have been waiting just as long.

If I were you, I'd take the fact that 3090 Ventus buyers got upgraded as a positive - it at least show's that OCUK are willing to consider costly options to ease this whole situation, and should at least give non-oc card buyers some hope that if opportunities present themselves to shorten this whole situation, that OCUK will take them. That's about as much as we could ask for imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some don't have the PSU for 3x 8pins, some don't have the space for such a massive card as the Suprim.
Good point - I would have needed a new case if upgraded to Suprim, and I only built my rig a month before the Ventus arrived. Agree with your synopsis, but still feel the frustration of others stuck in this never ending lottery!

Associate
@Gibbo

Would you ever consider buying in cards that you don't stock in order to clear some of the queues?

For example, upgrading people who are queueing for Palit Gaming Pro OC to Gamerock 3080 (which may be more available to get a hold of).

Obviously I'm not the guy who has to deal with suppliers so might not be possible but seemed like a feasible idea.

Also, to you and @ScottiB please ignore the haters on here. Most of us think you are doing a good job.

Associate
I managed to get 15, yes 15 3080s from various places yet with the 3080 Eagle OC I ordered, I am 300th in the queue. I will be cancelling my order as I can't see receiving it (already not for myself as I managed to grab Aorus Xtreme) anytime before April/May.

Associate
I managed to get 15, yes 15 3080s from various places yet with the 3080 Eagle OC I ordered, I am 300th in the queue. I will be cancelling my order as I can't see receiving it (already not for myself as I managed to grab Aorus Xtreme) anytime before April/May.
How do you manage to get 15 orders of a product that is barely available?

THJ

THJ

Associate
I've been plenty critical of OCUK in this thread (not the staff, just some business practices), but come on mate, surely you can see that this couldn't really be done any other way? There are so many reasons why, but here are just a few.

1. Cost. Day 1 trio buyers either paid £750 or £780, I think more probably paid £780, and I'd say all or most £750 buyers already have their cards. The early Suprims had a MSRP of £810. So a lot of the trio queue can be upgraded for £30, which will likely be covered by the profit margin. (assuming only £30 profit) So 100x trio to Suprim upgrade might cost OCUK somewhere between £0 and £3000. If you paid £650 or £680 for a ventus, well you have a £130 - £160 difference, so 100x ventus to Suprim upgrades would cost somewhere between £10000 - £13000. And that's just one card - if they set that precedent, then they'd have to do this for 1000 TUF non-oc buyers to strix oc. You can see the costs spiral wildly out of control.

2. Suitability. The Suprim is a big card, with 3x power pins. Not everyone who bought a Ventus bought if because it was cheaper., some did for compatibility reasons. Some don't have the PSU for 3x 8pins, some don't have the space for such a massive card as the Suprim. The people who bought the trio wanted an OC card, and had planned for a large card too. Many trio buyers like myself would have actually bought the Suprim on launch had it been available. So upgrading Trio buyers to Suprim is very low risk and not likely to generate any future work/costs from returns.

3. Fairness. Trio buyers paid more for a more similar product and have been waiting just as long.

If I were you, I'd take the fact that 3090 Ventus buyers got upgraded as a positive - it at least show's that OCUK are willing to consider costly options to ease this whole situation, and should at least give non-oc card buyers some hope that if opportunities present themselves to shorten this whole situation, that OCUK will take them. That's about as much as we could ask for imo.

FFS.......................................

I was complaining BEFORE any explanation was given, once the logic of the decision was posted I had nothing to say because it makes sense.
At the time I posted the only comment from OC was that the Ventus buyers were "budget focused" and therefore it wasnt logical to upgrade them.

Associate
Wait why are you buying that many 3080s?

Associate
FFS.......................................

I was complaining BEFORE any explanation was given, once the logic of the decision was posted I had nothing to say because it makes sense.
At the time I posted the only comment from OC was that the Ventus buyers were "budget focused" and therefore it wasnt logical to upgrade them.
Maybe this teaches you to not jump to conclusions. Probably not.

Associate

Are you one of the many eBay scalpers then I take it? Why don't you just use one of the 15 managed to get?:)

Associate
How do you manage to get 15 orders of a product that is barely available?
Probably a scalper or miner using bots, no other possible reason to buy that many. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the pre-orders already have 3080s but stayed to get their card and sell it at a profit

Back
Top Bottom