Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master - 3 nvme ?!?

Associate
Got the Master board, very nice build all the features I need except 3 working m2 slots. Flashed latest bios F11 and nothing, none of the bios settings I tried work. Only working m2 slots are 1&3, 2nd does not show any drives in any configuration I tried.

Motherboard: B550 Aorus Master
RAM: 32 gigs
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 GB gen4, GB Auros 1GB gen4, Kingston A2000 1GB gen 3

Following the block diagram bellow : All the m2 slots come from the CPU, in my case x16 slot becomes x8 and m2 slots 2&3 become x4.

pwU67hg.png

Do I RMA the board or is there a setting to try ???? Or is it just hw setup limitation by the B550 chipset?

Associate
Just read a post that advised to check the bios for a setting to manually adjust the pcie slot

"So what you have to do is go to Settings menu in BIOS and under IO Ports you will see the PCIEX16 Bifurcation option - set this it 1x8/2x4. That will enable both M.2 sockets at x4 (each) and the GPU at x8. You shouldn't have to do this, the board should automatically detect, but it's a new board and BIOS so who knows."

Soldato
Odd. Samsung and Kingston both m.2 Gen 3.0 so thought them being in slot B and C (bottom two ) with Aorus 4.0 in slot A (top slot , not shared bandwidth ) would have been the preferred allocation. Along with Bit Enabled. By any chance has PCIe been set to Gen 3.0 and not 4.0 ?

Associate
OP
I have it like you said: 1st m2 slot - GB Aorus 1 GB, 2nd m2 slot Samsung and 3rd slot Kingston . Tried all Gens from auto to 4 and still no luck. GB support are not the fastest to reply either :) . Reverted to an older bios today and still same :( .

Soldato
I have it like you said: 1st m2 slot - GB Aorus 1 GB, 2nd m2 slot Samsung and 3rd slot Kingston . Tried all Gens from auto to 4 and still no luck. GB support are not the fastest to reply either :) . Reverted to an older bios today and still same :( .

Did you email [email protected] ?

Also CC in the below

[email protected]

Board RMA if the case is at least in UK unlike others, so no custom hold ups . Might be the pcie switch I'm guessing

Back
Top Bottom