• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Good luck to the 3080 Ventus 3X boys, got a EVGA OC from somewhere else so I cancelled my position in the queue.

1 less of 500 lmao

Associate
Just looking at the Gibbo thread and as far as I can see there have been no Asus 3080 cards arrived for over 2 weeks, it's difficult not to get frustrated, but seriously what in the name of Satan's beard are they doing? It's nearly 4 month since these cards were brought to market, I just find it so hard to believe that there isn't something else at play here, how could a company with all the years of experience like Nvidia get demand for these cars so badly wrong? I feel like last time I commented I said virtually the same things but, cheese and rice it's frustrating, I just want my damn card.

Associate
One last thing, thank you overclockers for shipping me one of the best overclocking cards I have ever seen, +220 + 1402 fully stable it’s beautiful

Last edited:
Soldato
From Gibbo's 3080 stock update thread:
EVGA 3080 XC3 Black - 158 back orders (0 shipped so far)

You do have to wonder if EVGA are even going to bother with some SKU's which makes me think how long would OCUK hold on to back orders before refunding the customer (assuming the customer didn't do it themselves/forgot) given it's now 4 months since the initial 3080 launch.

Soldato
Just had an Asus 3080 Tuf OC in my cart but too slow again, as I was entering my details it said order can't be fulfilled. This is getting annoying.

Associate
Just looking at the Gibbo thread and as far as I can see there have been no Asus 3080 cards arrived for over 2 weeks, it's difficult not to get frustrated, but seriously what in the name of Satan's beard are they doing? It's nearly 4 month since these cards were brought to market, I just find it so hard to believe that there isn't something else at play here, how could a company with all the years of experience like Nvidia get demand for these cars so badly wrong? I feel like last time I commented I said virtually the same things but, cheese and rice it's frustrating, I just want my damn card.
Same for literally everyone else :(

Associate
I ordered a build with an Asus TUF 3080 and I've been waiting a good while too, but at the end of the day there's so many extenuating circumstances at play here I physically cannot understand the amount of hate OCUK is getting, Especially people writing snotty reviews and such- it's just dumb.
Yes the cards have been out for months, yes you wanted it and you wanted it now but with COVID, Xmas and gods know what else the stock just isn't there at the moment and as grown adults we just need to deal with it.

People are being offered upgrades etc as an apology for the wait so it's not like no one is trying to at least lessen the blow, but stuff happens; If people really want to sit and cry about the queue they can always cancel and go elsewhere if they truly believe OCUK is at fault, but it's just a blame game at this point and we all know 99% of the whingers are still gonna sit and cry until their card arrives and then they'll forget their tantrum and move on.
Personally I'm fine waiting. I'm excited, and I'm somewhat impatient but that's down to my excitement but OCUK need people to be patient then that's what I'll be- whining about it won't make the stock come faster and I really do think certain people need to cut the guys some slack.

It's a piece of hardware, chief- not an organ.

Associate
how could a company with all the years of experience like Nvidia get demand for these cars so badly wrong?
Nvidia is a corporation and all they really care about is making a profit. I'm pretty sure they set up their production so they would make a profit and they've achieved that goal. Our problem as end consumers is there isn't really good competition for Nvidia, AMD is getting there but not there quite yet. So Nvidia is under no pressure and can do what it likes, because we have no where else to go.

While I'm sure the PR department at Nvidia is feeling the pressure, the money counters in the background don't give a flying fig, they've made all the money they expected to make and are going to make a shed load more. They know they have a strangle hold on the market and that's not going to change until a competitor comes along with a better product (being on par won't be good enough). So we're basically at Nvidia mercy here, there's nothing that can be done.

Associate
I ordered a build with an Asus TUF 3080 and I've been waiting a good while too, but at the end of the day there's so many extenuating circumstances at play here I physically cannot understand the amount of hate OCUK is getting, Especially people writing snotty reviews and such- it's just dumb.
Yes the cards have been out for months, yes you wanted it and you wanted it now but with COVID, Xmas and gods know what else the stock just isn't there at the moment and as grown adults we just need to deal with it.

People are being offered upgrades etc as an apology for the wait so it's not like no one is trying to at least lessen the blow, but stuff happens; If people really want to sit and cry about the queue they can always cancel and go elsewhere if they truly believe OCUK is at fault, but it's just a blame game at this point and we all know 99% of the whingers are still gonna sit and cry until their card arrives and then they'll forget their tantrum and move on.
Personally I'm fine waiting. I'm excited, and I'm somewhat impatient but that's down to my excitement but OCUK need people to be patient then that's what I'll be- whining about it won't make the stock come faster and I really do think certain people need to cut the guys some slack.

So much true. Ok i get the idea with getting bit frustrated about OCUK leaving preorders opened. But still any reasonable person would understand that it is pre order. And with stock issues, it's not like OCUK is delaying stock coming in or anything. I can bet many of crying people are the ones who think all pandemic is fake etc ....
I am happy that i did my order, as i know, when stock will be in i will be in first lines instead of waiting for months to be able to get one. Yes, i am getting impatient, but it's been a while and i so want to see it in action, but that's about it. Look at Tesla, how long there people had to wait for their car to come, and while they paid 1k for preorder, once car comes in, you have to be prepared to pay rest/sorted finance. Same with any other brand new car, that is not available on shop floor.

Associate

While I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying, I'm not sure your achieving anything but adding fuel to the fire by the way you put it.

How long you been waiting? How long is a good while? Is it since September 17th?
Also, as was covered many times in this thread, some people need their GPU's/PC's to earn a living, and have children to feed. it can be pretty important for us self employed.

As I said I agree with the sentiment mostly, but hold back on the accusations going the other way if you truly want to be seen as the grown adult.

People shouldn't be attacking staff, or slandering ocuk across the web for something out of their control...but making light of other peoples situation, when you aren't in that situation yourself is just going to get peoples backs up. If your intention was to diffuse, your doing it wrong.

Associate
I think if you send a webnote or post in the customer service section with your order number etc and ask would be the best way, but ScottiB may have a better option

So I had a look at posting in the customer service section but there have been no previous posts or submissions.

Am I supposed to start a new thread?

Sorry, bit of a forum noob, would appreciate anyones help.

Associate
So I had a look at posting in the customer service section but there have been no previous posts or submissions.

Am I supposed to start a new thread?

Sorry, bit of a forum noob, would appreciate anyones help.

Hi Mate, yes just start a new thread - all the threads in there are marked private I think so only the OP and the Customer Service teams can see them, leaving a blank looking forum page for anyone else.

Associate

To be clear, the upgrades are a way to alleviate the backlog of orders. It's not being done "as an apology," it's to reduce the number of calls coming into the call centre and avoid refunds.

Weird for an apparent customer to dismiss valid criticism from other customers as whinging while at the same time being worried about what the retailer "needs".

Associate
everyone saying there is no import duty for computer parts to ireland, please provide a source, because im 90% sure that you are incorrect. there is import duty to be paid on any item over 150 euro just as there is vat to be paid on any item over 22 euro.

Associate
Speak for yourself! I've been waiting since launch day from Overclockers, only to get mine from -. Ordered yesterday, got it today. I wouldn't be here telling people to look elsewhere had this not been the case...
I've followed the discord notifications since launch, and sure 3080's have came up in stock. But 99% of the time they're more expensive than my OCUK order by £100+. I decided to buy one of the more expensive cards at one point and I got an email saying the card was actually sold out, it took 3 weeks to get a refund.

FE's are the same price as my order with OCUK, but they get released without warning and they get released rarely. It's literally just getting lucky that you're online when they drop. I'm happy to wait, then again I'm now 16th in the queue for a TUF non-OC.

Last edited:
Associate
I've followed the discord notifications since launch, and sure 3080's have came up in stock. But 99% of the time they're more expensive than my OCUK order by £100+. I decided to buy one of the more expensive cards at one point and I got an email saying the card was actually sold out, it took 3 weeks to get a refund.

FE's are the same price as my order with OCUK, but they get released without warning and they get released rarely. It's literally just getting lucky that you're online when they drop. I'm happy to wait, then again I'm now 16th in the queue for a TUF non-OC.

It's quite sad now, I'm seeing 3080's going for the same price as 3090's on eBay, StockX etc.

Back
Top Bottom