• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People who are willing to pay these prices deserve to be ripped off
Thing is second hand cards are been sold for more on the bay than they were brand new 5700xt selling for 500-600 so people are selling a card with no warranty then buying new for a couple of hundred more and getting cards with warranty and better performance

Associate
Thing is second hand cards are been sold for more on the bay than they were brand new 5700xt selling for 500-600 so people are selling a card with no warranty then buying new for a couple of hundred more and getting cards with warranty and better performance

Just had a look on there at 2080 ti's and they seem to be around £700 for a used card that is beaten by 3070 and 6800 without any warranty, that to me is ripping yourself off.

I have stuck my 2080 on tonight so will see how much it chips off the upgrade cost.

Soldato
Easy to get caught up in the FOMO, I've been looking at 3070, 3080 for the last week.
A few hours of CP2077 reminded me I really don't 'need' an upgrade right now.
Vega 64 on custom loop still holding up ok @1440p

Still if a founders popped up, would be rude not to given the used pricing right now.
It's amazing to see just how much disposable income there is sloshing around.

Associate
Some people don't have much choice, im trying to build my first gaming rig so I dont already have a decent gpu that I can stick to for a while... I have a bunch of parts which I can't test/use until I get a GPU and any remotely decent card (even ones that are several years old at this point) are ludicrously priced.

Its hardly fair to say people deserve to be ripped off when there is people like me who don't have many options.

I know the prices are a joke and I'm quite frankly disgusted with my first experience trying to build a gaming pc but having already invested a decent amount of money before the GPU prices went crazy I am now at the mercy of the scalpers (including so called legit traders)

Soldato
I dunno - if my 1070 went pop tomorrow I'd be willing to pay over the odds to get a working system, its the only scenario I'd even consider the current prices though!

Edit: Some fortunate souls have probably saved quite a bit due to Covid, with no commuting, daily coffee/sandwich, nights out in the pub, meals out, gigs, cinema etc - so can justify it more easily.

Edit2: Holidays! Easily a 3090 in cost if your normally shooting off to the Caribbean / Maldives / Skiing etc etc

Last edited:
Associate
You're stuck at home in a glob pandemic. a lot of people haven't been on holiday this year. Spending a few hundred quid more to keep yourself entertained isn't exactly extravagant?

Associate
:confused: There seem be a suspicious amount of RX Red Devil, Nitro+ and Pulse cards that have suddenly appeared on the bay this weekend.

One listing even says it includes a receipt from a major online retailer.

Last edited:
Associate
A few hours of CP2077 reminded me I really don't 'need' an upgrade right now.
Vega 64 on custom loop still holding up ok @1440p.

I thought the same having played it this weekend. The performance on my Titan Xp seems waaaay better after the 1.1 patch. I’m still at 1080p but have managed to crank up many of the graphics settings now without any impact on FPS.

CP is the only game I own that taxes my system so no point whatsoever upgrading.

Soldato
Some people don't have much choice, im trying to build my first gaming rig so I dont already have a decent gpu that I can stick to for a while... I have a bunch of parts which I can't test/use until I get a GPU and any remotely decent card (even ones that are several years old at this point) are ludicrously priced.

Its hardly fair to say people deserve to be ripped off when there is people like me who don't have many options.

I know the prices are a joke and I'm quite frankly disgusted with my first experience trying to build a gaming pc but having already invested a decent amount of money before the GPU prices went crazy I am now at the mercy of the scalpers (including so called legit traders)

I take it you went the AMD route as if you went the Intel route you could just use onboard GPU ?

Associate
:confused: There seem be a suspicious amount of RX Red Devil, Nitro+ and Pulse cards that have suddenly appeared on the bay this weekend.

One listing even says it includes a receipt from a major online retailer.

It will have happened. Although Gibbo asked forum members not to post on discord channels etc., that's exactly what someone did.

I'm in no way saying everyone on discord is a scalper, I'm just saying visibility on these was amplified, increasing the chances of scalpers picking up on these being available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom