• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Soldato
Just had a look at auction actual selling prices for a Strix 1080ti, anything between £450 and £500+ :eek: That sort of price makes a 6900xt from ocuk almost a viable proposition.
In fact, if anywhere had any stock of 3080's it would be no brainer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am sorely tempted to tell my daughter she can't have my 1080ti FTW3, as they're going for £600!

However she's a locked down student so she needs something to cheer her up.

Soldato
I was sorting out some stuff in my bedroom today and found still shrinkwrapped game guides I brought years ago and then found the price they selling for on the internet O_o. Isn't just gpu's.

Associate
I had purchased my 5700xt from OcUK for £338.49 Jan 2020. Sold it for £350 a month ago.

Also had paid £177 for my 3600 same time as GPU, sold again last month for £166, and both buyers paid for posting.

Now I wish I had kept them both for my worker rig as I've just got into learning to stonk with NiceHash.

It's madness now.

Soldato
Sold my Vega 56 pulse for £330, the guy really wanted the Samsung hbm2.

I've stuck an old 290 in my machine, left the £330 in h PayPal account for when I can grab a 3060Ti for £450-480 , don't care how long I have to wait.

Soldato
Sold my Vega 56 pulse for £330, the guy really wanted the Samsung hbm2.

I've stuck an old 290 in my machine, left the £330 in h PayPal account for when I can grab a 3060Ti for £450-480 , don't care how long I have to wait.

Interesting my PC is in a box at the moment while I work on my house and it has the same GPU in it. The temptation to sell it is high whilst the prices are this crazy, it was only about £150 before Christmas

Where did you sell it?

Soldato
Interesting my PC is in a box at the moment while I work on my house and it has the same GPU in it. The temptation to sell it is high whilst the prices are this crazy, it was only about £150 before Christmas

Where did you sell it?

Sold it on Ebay mate during the £1 final value fee, I didn't even do an auction did a buy it now for £330. The same card went for £380 on auction a day before so I thought screw it, lets see what happens.

Soldato
I've been on the discord channels watching for a 3060Ti , there's a guy called steve0 who has about 20+ 3000 series cards already, he apparently sits on his computer all day with mulitple pages open with bots ready to buy everything. It's a sad state of affairs at the moment.

Soldato
Sold it on Ebay mate during the £1 final value fee, I didn't even do an auction did a buy it now for £330. The same card went for £380 on auction a day before so I thought screw it, lets see what happens.

Ok thanks, I refuse to sell on ebay so might put it up on here but worried I wont be able to get a replacement when the time comes I think the shortage will only get worse so need to weigh up no PC vs more money

Back
Top Bottom