Corsair H100i Pro XT Mouting pressue

Associate
Lookinf for some information on how to achieve the correct mounting pressure for my cooler.

So I've just installed the H100i Pro XT as a warranty replacement for the older H100i v2 and I've noticed that the mounting methods are different. With the older cooler the mounting screws bottomed out at some point, wheres with the newer cooler they don't seem to and I'm scared to overtighten.

In fact when I first installed the cooler and tried to turn on the machine, it would get stuck with a mobo light error of CPU or DRAM. I then loosened off the cooler mounts slightly and things suddenely booted up ok. Now though I'm suddenly getting all sorts of weird behaviour such as random USB connects/disconnects after the PC warms up and even blue screens so wondering if an incorrect pressure would still be causing these issues.

Associate
OP
It could well be do you have a stock cooler to put on to test ?

Yeah, I had that on previously while the AIO was being returned .... no issues at all.

However the only other addition is a 3080 while I swapped the cooler although I have a hard time believing that would be causing the USB disconnects. I do get crashing to desktop during gaming which I'm not happy about but that's another issue entirely that I may raise elsewhere. Anything is possible though I guess

Man of Honour
Yeah, I had that on previously while the AIO was being returned .... no issues at all.

However the only other addition is a 3080 while I swapped the cooler although I have a hard time believing that would be causing the USB disconnects. Anything is possible though I guess
Just a process if elimination .

Drivers chipset bios all up to date ? But if working before cooler installed should not be an issuie.

Associate
OP
Well there's definitely somthing screwy going on, the threads in Prime95 keep crashing one by one due to a rounding error. I don't have an OC on this machine so that's odd why it's failing at stock

Associate
OP
Turns out the USB disconnection is a fairly common error with 3080s. What I had to do was change the PCIe Gen from 4 to 3 in the BIOs and the weird USB behaviour immediately stopped.

Now I just have the remaining issue that the 3080 has killed my headphone outputs on my sound card. Research suggest the the boosting behaviour of high end GPUs can cause the sound card's capacitors to be overwhelmed when trying to filter out the noise and causing them to fail prematurely (possibly wrong oversimplification but almost certain this was caused by the new GPU).

Back
Top Bottom