*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
BFV is okay its not as bad as some would like you to believe but yes that maps are terrible apart from the newer one or two.
Its no Hell let Loose thats for sure.

Man of Honour
BF4 isn't really playable any more though, I don't think. Was filled with fake servers last time I tried

Depends what game mode you are looking for - there are several active 64 player conquest large servers, etc. as well as the inevitable 64 player Lockers and Metro. It is a bit of a mess because the browser isn't updating player totals correctly, etc.

Soldato
Depends what game mode you are looking for - there are several active 64 player conquest large servers, etc. as well as the inevitable 64 player Lockers and Metro. It is a bit of a mess because the browser isn't updating player totals correctly, etc.

Yeah I think the browser wasn't working correctly as of a few years ago. You'd join a map that said Paracel Storm just to get dumped into a 1000 ticket match of Metro

Soldato
It's just too fast paced. You've got to be a hamster on energy drinks to keep up with the gunfights. Maybe I'm getting too old :D.

I've yet to get a go in a tank. Aircraft combat seems quite detached from whats going on below and inconsequential. There are some truly atrocious maps in there with zero cover.

Battlefield of old had relatively obvious fronts to which you'd expect the enemy. Now it's just mayhem. It's not much fun getting shot in the back the whole time.

Associate
I tend to play team death match mostly as I don't want to be in a long drawn out game. When it is evenly matched in can be good but it is almost always unbalanced in the other teams favour. If you don't play the way that people want you to play you get picked on. They call everyone that isn't up to their so called skill level (hackers and macro users) noobs so most of the time you are playing catch up with those that can run around the map at breakneck speed. I used to like BF4 but the games in this line are just not fun to play anymore, because of the cheating and unbalanced teams. I've even had my own team mates blocking me because I was lying down with a sniper rifle.

Caporegime
And the Battlefield 6 hype train begins:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...edule-supports-more-players-than-ever-before/

Electronic Arts has said that DICE is “way ahead” of schedule with development of Battlefield 6 as the publisher gears up to reveal the title this spring.

“Our next Battlefield experience will mark a return to all out military warfare,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said during the company’s third quarter earnings call on Tuesday.

“The game takes full advantage of the power of next generation platforms to bring massive immersive battles to life with more players than ever before.

“Featuring maps with unprecedented scale, the next edition of Battlefield takes all the destruction, player agency, vehicle and weapon combat that the franchise is known for and elevates it to another level.

“The team is focused and the game is ahead of our internal milestones,” Wilson added. “We will reveal the game in the spring and deliver a defining Battlefield experience for our players in holiday 2021.”

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen later reiterated that DICE is “way ahead of where we were in prior product cycles” when it comes to the Battlefield’s development.

At this point i'm really not sure what there is to look forward to considering the trainwreck that was BFV. It's likely to use an updated engine with the same legacy bugs, the same half assed approach to cheaters "use the report function that does nothing", the standard stacked teams round after round that seems to be a Battlefield "feature". And the standard Dice technique of learning nothing from previous games in terms of balance and just starting from a clean slate meaning the same things complained about in every other BF game that require numerous "balance" patches will likely reappear in this one.

Oh, and can't forget their server situation, before launch the standard "we're looking into third party servers" only for it to either never materialise, or appear so late into the games life cycle that nobody cares anymore.

"Way ahead of schedule" probably means the game might be released in slightly better than beta state.

Caporegime
They need to hit a home run with this big time, or else the franchise is going to be dead and probably killed of....

The gameplay has to be BF 3/4 levels again, heck even give me bf 1 gameplay over the trash that was BF 5, if they can at least get that right then the bugs/issues aren't so bad and the game is at least bearable to play.

But sadly this:

And the standard Dice technique of learning nothing from previous games in terms of balance and just starting from a clean slate meaning the same things complained about in every other BF game that require numerous "balance" patches will likely reappear in this one.

Seen it time and time again with ******* mechanics like suppression, visual ADS recoil etc. etc. How long did they spend tweaking the gunplay in bf 4 only to throw it out the window and go casualfield 1 way.....

- give the vehicle and infy/gun gameplay/balance from bf 4
- give the map design we had from bf 3 and 4, heck, if they can't make new maps, I be happy with just having remasters from them
- bring back battlelog
- give us community servers
- a good anti-cheat and better/easier system to reports cheaters especially if the above point doesn't happen

Caporegime
The gun play was far superior to BF1 with BFV. I think the main reason I got bored of it was the lack of content. The game was basically released as a Beta as was the case with BF4 which was a poor game really in its first incarnation. The last decent game DICE made was BF3 which was fantastic with its variety of maps and especially the DLC which was a problem in itself as it created a split player base.

Caporegime
In all likelihood the next game will make a return to modern combat, so in other words a game where when you use a vehicle the sound you hear the most (even more than the engine sound) is the lock on sound of missile launchers. Always fun when dice make a game with lock on launchers as they start messing with them constantly, range, speed, damage, then they flip flop a ton of times based on "feedback" which is always a battle between the pilots and the AA users with each side baying for blood if anything gets changed in the other camps favour.

Wonder if we'll have a return of the BF3 helicopter brigade camping on the map boundaries spamming tv missiles into the map as they were basically afraid to actually go into the play area for fear of getting mullered with stingers. Always amusing to use a Jet as a battering ram to slap their heli's out of the air.

Caporegime
The biggest issue that dice NEED to address imo is team balance. So many games you can join where the teams are massively stacked and the game is an utter farce, one team winning by 400+ tickets isn't unusual and it's been an issue in BF games for many years now. The behemoths in BF1 were seemingly an attempt to rectify this but they never really had the desired effect, the train especially could be taken out relatively quickly.

Cheaters is another main issue, and it's probably an area where many BF players will tell dice to insert the next game up their ass as they basically let cheaters run amok in BFV before and after they abandoned the game. Post about it on their little forum and you get some moderator high on the smell of his own **** closing the thread citing the usual "use the report function" spiel. It's farcical to think that we're at a stage where the discussion of how rampant cheating is in their game is a taboo subject not to be discussed on their forums. And if the report function actually did anything surely cheaters would be less of an issue than they have been and still are?

But we're gonna go through the normal dice hyping the game stages where they generic answer is to basic questions is "we can't talk about that yet". I remember BF1 they wouldn't answer whether or not Horses were a "vehicle" to be used in the game despite the in-engine trailers showing them being used. :rolleyes:

Soldato
It's just too fast paced. You've got to be a hamster on energy drinks to keep up with the gunfights. Maybe I'm getting too old :D.

I've yet to get a go in a tank. Aircraft combat seems quite detached from whats going on below and inconsequential. There are some truly atrocious maps in there with zero cover.

Battlefield of old had relatively obvious fronts to which you'd expect the enemy. Now it's just mayhem. It's not much fun getting shot in the back the whole time.

This. I think BF3 pacing for infantry combat was really spot on, BF4 felt a bit quicker(?) but still tolerable. BF1 and BFV in-particular were just too fast. Hyper-turbo running which was way too CoD-like for me.

Caporegime
What i would love to see make a return is proper naval combat. I mean how is it that 19 years ago we had a game where you had destroyers, subs, aircraft carriers that were fully usable and not just static display pieces serving as a spawn point? The tech for the game engine has evolved drastically yet that kind of interactivity with large vehicles has never really been done again. Was fun using destroyers to pummel the land in certain maps, having submarines knocking around as a counter to them was also a great gameplay mechanic.

But here we are 19 years later and nothing like that has been done since. Have to wonder why that is. :confused: Even if the new game is modern combat (yet again) having modern day destroyers, subs and carriers could make for some really different gameplay, rather than it being a spit shined version of bf 3/4.

Soldato
What i would love to see make a return is proper naval combat. I mean how is it that 19 years ago we had a game where you had destroyers, subs, aircraft carriers that were fully usable and not just static display pieces serving as a spawn point? The tech for the game engine has evolved drastically yet that kind of interactivity with large vehicles has never really been done again. Was fun using destroyers to pummel the land in certain maps, having submarines knocking around as a counter to them was also a great gameplay mechanic.

But here we are 19 years later and nothing like that has been done since. Have to wonder why that is. :confused: Even if the new game is modern combat (yet again) having modern day destroyers, subs and carriers could make for some really different gameplay, rather than it being a spit shined version of bf 3/4.

RoI. EA are at the helm, they’ll want to invest little and squeeze out the most profit. Creating such mechanics in the engine today and still ensuring balance (LOL) and performance is going to be time consuming for sure.

They’ll just want minimum input for maximum longevity with a steady return. So create something simple, promise more and add skins/dlc.

DICE and everything they create are dead now EA have owned them for more than a decade.

Just boycott BF, it’s not what we knew it was anymore and never will be again.

Back
Top Bottom