*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
OK so i've been listening to Max Hastings and downloaded BFV again. I've been away a while can anyone tell me the best settings for a smooth game?
i'm running a 3080 and 3950x at 2560x1440p dx11/dx12? I fancy running even just a bit of DXR (but not if it runs like ****) Can't seem to enable DLSS - does that only work at 4k?

run it in dx11 dx12 is broken in bfv

wouldnt worry about ray tracing in a shooter its just pointless :)

Associate
Hoping some people may be able to help me.. started playing bf5 again after only playing for 10 hours after release.
I have the starter guns and most of them unlocked with upgrades to stop drift and help better aim.

The major problem i still have is i can't hit ****!
Even when i tap 2-3 bullets or use a single shot like garrand, it will fly over the other guys shoulder, they immediately turn around and 1-2 shot me, brings me onto my next issue! When i eventually do hit someone it takes about 6 shots to kill them, which i struggle to do when they inevitably turn round and double tap me.
Opponents take next to no time to establish where i am and drop me.
Are there recommended sensitivity settings when zoomed in? Its the first time ive noticed them in a bf game, messed around but didnt make it any better. Or do you not zoom in and just spray / pray!?

I've only come across one guy who was cheating, and everyone i play cant be cheating!

Associate
Are there recommended sensitivity settings when zoomed in? Its the first time ive noticed them in a bf game, messed around but didnt make it any better. Or do you not zoom in and just spray / pray!?
It's just a learning curve, recoil in this game is pretty grunty. If your playing Assault then try the Ribeyrolles until your used to the games mechanic, it has quite a slow fire rate but predictable recoil and comes with a auto deploy bipod when prone. 800 DPM for me with assault rifles.

Soldato
Tried posting this in the Battlefield V reddit and it got deleted. :confused:

Came back to BFV and I say I'm finding blatent cheaters in 1/5 games. Constant headshots, that sort of thing.

Does reporting actually do anything anymore? Do EA ban people?

Man of Honour
Hoping some people may be able to help me.. started playing bf5 again after only playing for 10 hours after release.
I have the starter guns and most of them unlocked with upgrades to stop drift and help better aim.

The major problem i still have is i can't hit ****!
Even when i tap 2-3 bullets or use a single shot like garrand, it will fly over the other guys shoulder, they immediately turn around and 1-2 shot me, brings me onto my next issue! When i eventually do hit someone it takes about 6 shots to kill them, which i struggle to do when they inevitably turn round and double tap me.
Opponents take next to no time to establish where i am and drop me.

I've only come across one guy who was cheating, and everyone i play cant be cheating!

I've always had that kind of issue with the Frostbite engine games and it is NOT my level of skill/understanding - I wouldn't say I'm particularly skilled but I usually come near or at the top of the scoreboard (or when I don't it is because I've voluntarily swapped to the losing team to balance as I enjoy the challenge) despite struggling like that.

A small number of people seem to have similar issues.

Associate
Tried posting this in the Battlefield V reddit and it got deleted. :confused:
It seems that reporting suspected cheats has very little impact. I know that there are very obvious cheaters who rack up the kills, but there are others whose play seems to be at odds with the rest of the players in the match. This could be down to latency, their computer setup, internet speed, monitor refresh, reflexes etc. In games where you have these players I seem to be either at the bottom or halfway up the scoreboard, they leave and suddenly I'm near the top with only a few players leaving. The game balance is almost non existent and you can't vote to kick a cheat off. I call out players if they are getting a high K/D ratio but of course they claim that they are not cheating but are just a good player. The only way to determine how good a person is at the game would be if every player had the same setup so you could actually see the skill a person has. I play just to have a bit of fun but it does get monotonous in games with some of these players.

Soldato
It seems that reporting suspected cheats has very little impact. I know that there are very obvious cheaters who rack up the kills, but there are others whose play seems to be at odds with the rest of the players in the match. This could be down to latency, their computer setup, internet speed, monitor refresh, reflexes etc. In games where you have these players I seem to be either at the bottom or halfway up the scoreboard, they leave and suddenly I'm near the top with only a few players leaving. The game balance is almost non existent and you can't vote to kick a cheat off. I call out players if they are getting a high K/D ratio but of course they claim that they are not cheating but are just a good player. The only way to determine how good a person is at the game would be if every player had the same setup so you could actually see the skill a person has. I play just to have a bit of fun but it does get monotonous in games with some of these players.

1 guy was headshotting people through walls and floors.

Associate
That's quite obvious, I've played online since BF 1942 and know that my skill level is average but then I'm getting on in years.

Man of Honour
Used to be useful in older games being able to spectate people, sadly a feature removed from a lot of newer games. If you know what to look for there is a distinct disconnection between how a player aims and moves with the use of an aimbot - even those using cheats which try to emulate smooth aiming, etc.

KDR alone rarely indicates if someone is cheating or not and while less disruptive on the game in my experience no shortage of people using wallhacks/ESP, etc. while only doing averagely or worse.

Associate
That's why I said that some players have odd scores, as a rule I just call the game a cheat fest if the game is one sided, but in a game the other night the leader on the other side had a latency of 148 yet players with a latency of 25 had scores that were average.

Soldato
I'm definately a lot more suspicious then I used to be, but cheaters just seem to be so much more blatent these days. There doesn't seem to be any fear of being caught.

I can't remember if it was Battlefield V or 1, but I remember 1 game where a player was melee killing people from the other side of the map.

Associate
Apparently new all time peak - over 110,000 people playing BF5 on steam today (it's on sale for £3.59 reduced from £45). Tempted to re-install as its been a while

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom