VR Gaming on Laptop with Quest 2

Associate
So today I received my Thrusmaster T150 wheel, which I've been excited all week for.

It's mainly to play PS5 games, but I did think of playing some racing games using the Quest 2 Link to my laptop.

My laptop is the Lenovo Flex 5, only bought a few months ago, with a Ryzen 4500u and 8GB RAM.

This runs Project Cars completely fine in normal mode, well over 30fps, but when I try to run it through the link in VR, performance is abysmal. It feels like it could be 10-15fps, and even the menu movement is laggy.

Is my laptop just not up to it? Or could it be other factors, as it runs fine without VR. I'm not using the official cable, but surely that's not the case for this issue?

Associate
OP
A quest 2 is basically 2 x 4k screens, each needing to be separately powered.
That's annoying, I thought if it ran well on the laptop itself, it wouldn't have too much of a hit with the VR. So even powerful rigs get a hefty fps drop?

I'm planning to try one of the social VR apps via SteamVR, to ensure that it's a power issue, as those should really be able to run smoothly.

Soldato
That's annoying, I thought if it ran well on the laptop itself, it wouldn't have too much of a hit with the VR. So even powerful rigs get a hefty fps drop?

I'm planning to try one of the social VR apps via SteamVR, to ensure that it's a power issue, as those should really be able to run smoothly.

Pretty much. VR can push basically anything out there. I'd suggest looking into standalone titles, there's some pretty good ones.

Back
Top Bottom