Big Air Cooler vs Corsair Hydro H60 and case ambient temp

Associate
Hi all,

The spool up and down of my stock CPU cooler (Ryzen R3600) is driving me nuts, Plan was to upgrade cooler when I upgrade to one of the newer Ryzens, but I can't wait.

When I chose my case I was not considering AIO's and figured a big air cooler, I was settled on the Dark rock 4 Pro. GPU gave me second thoughts, its a triple fan card so big. If I get something like a Dark rock pro 4 or a Noctua NH-uh12, am I not stealing the Vega of cooling space from my intake / exhaust pathway?

Case is Phanteks p300a
Current CPU Ryzen 3600
GPU Sapphire Vega 64.
Fan set up currently 2 front 140mm intakes top 120mm exhaust, rear 120mm exhaust.

I can't go dual radiator if I go AIO as it has to be mounted at front of case and that's where I have two 140mm fans to help cool the gpu, so I was thinking one 120 AIO in top...

TLDR
Will a dark rock pro 4 take up too much space in my small ish case affecting the cooling of my Vega 64?
I'm more fussed on the cpu cooler being quiet then outright performance, been worried pump sounds from a AIO would irritate me, but now I'm thinking some of the big air coolers are too big! (I know they fit physically)

Soldato
Will a Dark Rock 4 fit in a Phanteks P300? : buildapc (reddit.com)

Taken from the link:

"Hey friend! I just finished my build in the P300 a few days ago using the Dark Rock 4 and can confirm that it will fit. It's a really snug fit, but the top of the cooler will stay clear of the glass panel."

I personally vouch for the Dark Rock 4, it's a lot easier in install over the Pro especially if you don't want to take your motherboard out to fit it and the thermal's aren't that much different.

It won't affect the cooling space of the Vega, I have an Nvidia 3070 and it works fine with it. The fans are underneath on your Vega so there's no hindrance there.

I couldn't find a link for the Dark Rock 4 Pro btw with your case, just the Dark Rock 4 which I actually have in my PC. It doesn't go higher than 66c in Prime95 and you can configure your PC that you can have the PC completely silent which mine now is. Apart from gaming of course with your Graphics Card fans ramped up.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Awesome cheers, gave the thread a read, seems I have a bit more clearance in the p300A over the p300, I know there were some changes, 165mm clearance is what I have, so the pro would fit theoretically.

That being said your info has made my mind up, going for the none pro. it sounds like less effort and I am likely to switch cpu in the future.

Cheers!

Soldato
Awesome cheers, gave the thread a read, seems I have a bit more clearance in the p300A over the p300, I know there were some changes, 165mm clearance is what I have, so the pro would fit theoretically.

That being said your info has made my mind up, going for the none pro. it sounds like less effort and I am likely to switch cpu in the future.

Cheers!

Yeah mate. I looked into the situation too a lot. You won't be disappointed. :)

Back
Top Bottom