Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
the oil companies are going green anyway.
it makes me laugh when I see the hit pieces trying to tank oil shares from eco warriors and "ethic" investors

pretty good day for me so far :D Nel asa finally recovered above my average buy in and it was one of my biggest longs already, got a nice average down during the dip at-least.

might even keep the extra shares I bought long term also

Soldato
the oil companies are going green anyway.
it makes me laugh when I see the hit pieces trying to tank oil shares from eco warriors and "ethic" investors

Aren't you the guy with like a £10 portfolio? Or was that someone else? :p

Fossil fuels are dead long term, don't need to be an eco warrior to see that. It's good there are campaigns to divest from it, sooner we pile more investment in clean energy the better.

Soldato
Aren't you the guy with like a £10 portfolio? Or was that someone else? :p

Fossil fuels are dead long term, don't need to be an eco warrior to see that. It's good there are campaigns to divest from it, sooner we pile more investment in clean energy the better.

He has a small "pie" from memory of some risky shares, but i get the impression his total portfolio is fairly substantial.

Soldato
How come you got out of Hyve? I still see good potential from them.

I'm in HYVE, RR and BP which are my "hope for recovery plays", RR would probably be my pick if i wasn't already in. Annoyingly i didn't get into IAG the other week at 148 like i intended and not sure i still fancy them.

Soldato

I'm in HYVE, RR and BP which are my "hope for recovery plays", RR would probably be my pick if i wasn't already in. Annoyingly i didn't get into IAG the other week at 148 like i intended and not sure i still fancy them.

I also feel Hyve will never regain full recovery and you could take profit now.

Depends on how you long you want to wait :)

Soldato

Only to take profit, not that I don't believe hyve can't go higher.

Soldato
I'm now £800 up on my TUI punt. Bought in at £3.46 and then doubled down at £3.12 which felt ballsy at the time. It's a mid term hold for me I think. Got some RR when they were £0.92 so got a bit of positive growth there too. I've vowed to only hold 4 individual share at any one time as most of my money is in funds. However seeing how easy the market is at present it's tempting to risk more!

Soldato
Nice drop on Tesla stock, would anyone buy at this price though?

I was trading TSLA last year when you could make £100 a day on it's swings easily. As my portfolio grew and I had some cash sitting around and with the inclusion into the S&P I decided to invest. So I'm in now, and down somewhat.

Amazon is my killer. I'm down over £300 in FX fluctuations, let alone the drop in share price. It's one to hold though for me.

Soldato
The bears are in charge still in US tech. I expect it'll limp to a flat day on the Nasdaq, and have a thursday plunge.

I don't understand buying into stuff like Amazon and Tesla recently. Obviously quite overpriced and with very little growth potential...where's the upside potential?

Soldato
I'm now £800 up on my TUI punt. Bought in at £3.46 and then doubled down at £3.12 which felt ballsy at the time. It's a mid term hold for me I think. Got some RR when they were £0.92 so got a bit of positive growth there too. I've vowed to only hold 4 individual share at any one time as most of my money is in funds. However seeing how easy the market is at present it's tempting to risk more!

I got in at £3.27, some said this was risky but always seemed pretty safe in my eyes.

Soldato
I don't understand buying into stuff like Amazon and Tesla recently. Obviously quite overpriced and with very little growth potential...where's the upside potential?

There is still growth potential, though. How many times have people thought Microsoft, Apple or Amazon were overpriced or couldn't go any further. The answer to that is basically every minute of every day, otherwise everyone would be buying and the price would do nothing but go up in a vertical line.

I get what you mean, they're not startups anymore, so the growth isn't as drastic, but with that comes the upside of less risk too.

Soldato
The bears are in charge still in US tech. I expect it'll limp to a flat day on the Nasdaq, and have a thursday plunge.

There is still growth potential, though. How many times have people thought Microsoft, Apple or Amazon were overpriced or couldn't go any further. The answer to that is basically every minute of every day, otherwise everyone would be buying and the price would do nothing but go up in a vertical line.

I get what you mean, they're not startups anymore, so the growth isn't as drastic, but with that comes the upside of less risk too.

Personally I still expect growth from Amazon. It's making on average over $100bn a quarter. A lot of that being reinvested to further growth. Its AWS is still growing at a fantastic rate 28% growth in revenues over the past 12 months, despite a drop in market share, since Cloud computing and distribution is still in its infancy.

Not that anyone should ever listen to them but I'm pretty sure Analysts had it at a target of $4000 plus. If it gets up there perhaps we'll see a split which is neither here nor there.

Soldato

Since when in the past year has anybody invested on growth potential :p As long as Joe keeps letting the Fed go Brrrrrrrrrr then we won't see any actual sensible share prices, I'm actually wondering if we're past the point of sensible prices and stocks will forever be detached from reality as we enter a new paradigm

On a side note, what is everybodies opinion on Spacs, I keep hearing them mentioned on business related news like Bloomberg, there's a few I've been following but I'm yet to invest because I'm not entirely sure they're worthwhile and are more a fad than actually decent investments

Back
Top Bottom