Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Man of Honour
Even with a bottle of coolant added?
Sorry no. I just checked again and edited my reply. If I buy the coolant on its own it charges me. I assume it needs to be above a certain value. If I add something expensive as well then it reverts to free postage. It seems fair to charge for postage on such a cheap item otherwise OcUK would make a loss on it.

Caporegime
Sorry no. I just checked again and edited my reply. If I buy the coolant on its own it charges me. I assume it needs to be above a certain value. If I add something expensive as well then it reverts to free postage. It seems fair to charge for postage on such a cheap item otherwise OcUK would make a loss on it.
Same for me. Right thing to do though. You can’t expect OC to pay an £8 DPD charge for something costing £20 or so.

Soldato
Same for me. Right thing to do though. You can’t expect OC to pay an £8 DPD charge for something costing £20 or so.
Even if OCUK have done that for orders less than half of what I trying to order?
For context, I have previously ordered same coolant, same tubing only the basket value is less at £16. Which I got free DPD delivery showing in my recent orders section.

Associate
Would think there would be some sort of prior warning...?

I imagine tech companies like OCUK aren't doing horrendously badly at this time, more likely a hiccup than an intended thing.

EDIT Agree with other posts, for small low value items, a charge would be reasonable.
Don't think I've ever placed a 'piddly' order so no idea.

Soldato
Yes this is what I noticed as well. For example i can get a single item of less than £2-3 for free with royal mail delivery option, which is how it has been before for low value, small items.

Associate
just received a cheap cpu fan for my old system and got it quickly with free p&p, very pleased.
Will probably be ordering my new build from them when I get enough funds, free delivery can make a difference if someone else charges

Soldato
So...the threads got merged. Good so that all discussions can be in one place.
But what's the official word from OCUK?
As mentioned in another thread, go ahead and place the order and then crate a ticket asking for a refund for the delivery?

Man of Honour
I'm sure there's more to it than the cost of the order. I can order an 89p cable and get free delivery.
It's because an 89p cable goes Royal Mail 2nd class, the fluid has to go via a courier (DPD in this case) due to courier restrictions, hence the delivery charge if you're buying it on its own, though it's still free delivery if you buy it with other items that total over £40/50 can't remember the threshold without looking :)

Soldato
It's because an 89p cable goes Royal Mail 2nd class, the fluid has to go via a courier (DPD in this case) due to courier restrictions, hence the delivery charge if you're buying it on its own, though it's still free delivery if you buy it with other items that total over £40/50 can't remember the threshold without looking :)
But that is not what the rule say in the T&Cs in the 1st page of this thread if I understand this correctly?
You are mentioning a order value limit - which is not stated in T&Cs.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
  • Internet orders only
  • Free shipping applies to destinations within mainland UK only and excludes Highlands and Islands
  • OcUK reserves the right to choose the method of shipping, which for the purpose of Free Shipping will be DPD Next Day or Royal Mail Standard Delivery
  • Members who openly spam to increase post count will have their post count reduced
  • OcUK reserves the right to withdraw this offer at their discretion at any time
  • Not applicable to certain special offers

Man of Honour
But that is not what the rule say in the T&Cs in the 1st page of this thread if I understand this correctly?
You are mentioning a order value limit - which is not stated in T&Cs.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
  • Internet orders only
  • Free shipping applies to destinations within mainland UK only and excludes Highlands and Islands
  • OcUK reserves the right to choose the method of shipping, which for the purpose of Free Shipping will be DPD Next Day or Royal Mail Standard Delivery
  • Members who openly spam to increase post count will have their post count reduced
  • OcUK reserves the right to withdraw this offer at their discretion at any time
  • Not applicable to certain special offers
Firstly these aren't the legal T&C's these are a forum post just likely not fully updated or fleshed out for some reason.

Secondly, the threshold is for free DPD delivery, I can get free delivery on a 50p item via royal mail.

If I'm buying say a single £5 cable, it'll be royal mail, but if I buy 10 of the £5 cables the delivery will revert to DPD, likely to keep the delivery cost down for OCUK.

So yes you can get free delivery but for this type of item that has to go via courier, it's not free until you order a certain value.

You cant expect free DPD delivery on a £9 item, that'll throw every order into a negative return for OCUK.

I'll ask OCUK to look at the post :)

Back
Top Bottom