Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
I updated my Nvidia drivers yesterday as I was finding that after a few games of Warzone my frame rate would drop and I'd get really bad stuttering. I did a clean install using DDU to 461.72. Now my frame rate is much lower and before and the game doesn't feel as smooth. Sadly I can't remember what version I was on before. Anyone know which version is best?

I'm running a 5800X and RTX 3080 so it should be good, 1440p resolution with medium settings.

Caporegime
I updated my Nvidia drivers yesterday as I was finding that after a few games of Warzone my frame rate would drop and I'd get really bad stuttering. I did a clean install using DDU to 461.72. Now my frame rate is much lower and before and the game doesn't feel as smooth. Sadly I can't remember what version I was on before. Anyone know which version is best?

I'm running a 5800X and RTX 3080 so it should be good, 1440p resolution with medium settings.

457.51 , although a number of users have mentioned already how naff the 461's are :D

Soldato

Try setting the VideoMemoryScale in adv_options.ini (in Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players) to 0.65 and drivers 460.79

Caporegime
Does that then not limit the VRAM to 6.5Gb or so?

Personally Nick1881 is better off deleting the C:\Users\Neil_\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players adv_options file, letting it re-do another one on game launch, then going back to the file after closing the game. Leaving the videomemoryscale alone, RendererWorkerCount increasing by 1, and ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 0 ( Make sure file is READONLY )

Increasing the renderworkcount too high or messing with the videomemoryscale just causes too much grief tbh :)

Soldato
Personally Nick1881 is better off deleting the C:\Users\Neil_\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players adv_options file, letting it re-do another one on game launch, then going back to the file after closing the game. Leaving the videomemoryscale alone, RendererWorkerCount increasing by 1, and ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 0 ( Make sure file is READONLY )

Increasing the renderworkcount too high or messing with the videomemoryscale just causes too much grief tbh :)

I thought I had deleted my one to let the game set it but I obviously hadn't as the renderworkercount was sitting at 4 for an 8 core cpu. The videomemoryscale was at 0.9 (90% I assume)

Soldato
So before it was

// generated by Infinity Ward
version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.85
RendererWorkerCount = 8
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1

I changed the core count to 8

After deleting it and launching the game it is

// generated by Infinity Ward
version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.9
RendererWorkerCount = 7
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1

Soldato
Cheers all done. I'm also trying to get the best settings for lowest latency but I see a lot of contradicting recommendations.

I was running V-Sync on in NVP which felt buttery smooth and limited my frame rate to 141hz, but I heard this can add latency so I now have it off, it doesn't seem as smooth without it. I have reflex on in game. Should I set low latency mode to on in NVP? Should I manually limit my frames to 141 in NVP?

I'm also running Nividia filters, the game looks so much better and it's so much better visibility, but it does use a few frames. I also switched AA 2x Filmic on, again so much better and I was still getting maximum frame rate.

Soldato
I know it's Hardcore and every gun is a viable option but boy oh boy is the famas deadly. Put it in 1 shot mode and it's capable of killing everyone in 1 shot waist upwards. On the larger maps you can use it like a really offensive Marksman rifle. Very fun

Associate
After playing warzone for a while it's frustrating that you get teamed up with people who leave half way through, or just want to do their own thing. Are there any groups etc that you can sign up to and join teams?

Soldato
After playing warzone for a while it's frustrating that you get teamed up with people who leave half way through, or just want to do their own thing. Are there any groups etc that you can sign up to and join teams?

its cross platform and free. Don't you have any mates with consoles??

Caporegime
I'm also running Nividia filters, the game looks so much better and it's so much better visibility, but it does use a few frames. I also switched AA 2x Filmic on, again so much better and I was still getting maximum frame rate.

This also adds lag, as it puts a layer of filters over the game while it's running, hence "a few frames". I used to have it running while playing red dead, but when it was dropping 5 frames while also running a reshade, I just turned off the geforce experience filters instead :)

Back
Top Bottom