PS5 players won't get future Bethesda games

Soldato
Frustrating - PS5 seemed like the clear winner for best exclusives this gen but this shifts the balance. Don't really want to buy both consoles

Soldato
Abit gutting if a PS5 user doesn't have a pc/xbox as well as if not they now miss out.

It was always gonna happen though so as Microsoft paid the money. Sony will likely make more new ip themselves or just buy a studio themselves to do the same

Man of Honour
Abit gutting if a PS5 user doesn't have a pc/xbox as well as if not they now miss out.

It was always gonna happen though so as Microsoft paid the money. Sony will likely make more new ip themselves or just buy a studio themselves to do the same

This is the natural response to Sony bank rolling so many third party exclusives during the PS4 generation.

Soldato
Makes sense, they’re selling a service not a platform.

Yes they are but since they own the titles they would get money irregardless.

Plus I doubt they're about to lock all games to gamepass subscriptions so pc users will still be buying and playing games.

This is simply crippling choices, making the consumer pick a console side and be locked to it.

Nothing for consumers to be happy about.

Soldato
I don’t get what the problem is. If you want to play Naughty Dog titles you can only play on PlayStation.

Console exclusives are the whole point of different platforms. That’s how it’s always been. This is hardly the first major company bought by either Sony or Microsoft.

Man of Honour

Plus I doubt they're about to lock all games to gamepass subscriptions so pc users will still be buying and playing games.

This is simply crippling choices, making the consumer pick a console side and be locked to it.

They earn a lot more from getting subscribers than a few extra sales vie one-time purchases.

Sony buying third party exclusives was also bad for the consumer, this is just going to the source for better long term value rather than buying the rights for specific games.

Soldato

I don’t see anyone complaining when they also claimed at the same time that Sony had such strong first party developers. Wasn’t Sony’s seeming monopoly on excellent first party exclusives not bad for consumers?

Caporegime
Not great for people that only play games on PlayStation but a non event for anyone that has a gaming PC.

I don't think Sony would've rested on their laurels but having competition this gen won't be a bad thing for them.

Soldato
If they keep their recent form it won't bother me, if the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls turns out to be a must have then I guess it will but I will likely end up with an xbox to sit next to the ps5 anyway at some point depending on the next Forza Horizon game (I'm a right sucker for it)

Soldato
I think the issue is for some people (not saying anyone here) is the ball is now on the other foot and they don't like it.
I don’t get what the problem is. If you want to play Naughty Dog titles you can only play on PlayStation.
Console exclusives are the whole point of different platforms. That’s how it’s always been. This is hardly the first major company bought by either Sony or Microsoft.

Exactly. I don't see people complaining about games like TLOU being on the Playstation.
The simple fact is that Xbox was lagging behind Playstation for it's exclusives so MS have done something to fix that.

Soldato

Or just buy both consoles? By the time proper exclusives are out then both will be cheap enough.

Soldato

Erm, the irony here is that Sony has bought studios and made games exclusive for years and years and those that love Sony never say anything bad about it, and the exclusives have always been the biggest argument for PlayStation consoles. Now that MS have done it, everyone is up-in-arms saying it's anti-competitive and it shouldn't be allowed to happen. And then there are those that just respond by saying how crap Bethesda games are and how it's no big loss, which is blatantly false. Their games are great for the most part. Sure, they've had some poor releases, but on the whole they've been responsible for some pretty important games in the past, some that have been genre-defining. And the fact that developers like id software, Maxhine Games, and Arkane are coming along to Xbox is huge. The loss of franchises such as Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and DOOM is pretty massive and the fact that they'll be on Game Pass as a day one first party release shows just how serious Microsoft are about Game Pass. Sony have absolutely missed a trick with no competition to Game Pass.

The truth of it is that Microsoft has been incredibly shrewd with this acquisition, Phil Spencer has obviously been working toward the relationship for a long time going by what was discussed during the roundtable event, and it shows that Microsoft are very serious about offering the best experience possible to the gamer with the Xbox brand. I'm very happy to own a Series X.

Back
Top Bottom