PS5 players won't get future Bethesda games

Soldato
I for one are very happy about MS acquiring Bethesda. Up until then I was only interested in the new Hellblade game on Xbox, making it difficult to justify the cost of the console for 1 game only. Now at least there's the new TES game, Starfield and whatever else.

Soldato
I don’t get what the problem is. If you want to play Naughty Dog titles you can only play on PlayStation.

Console exclusives are the whole point of different platforms. That’s how it’s always been. This is hardly the first major company bought by either Sony or Microsoft.
Agreed

Soldato
There's a good chance these will end up being timed Microsoft exclusives as money talks, there will still be many single console PS5 owners that want Bethesda games. Maybe a year and half Xbox and PC exclusives then I would think likely PS5 ports.

Sony been very generous to PC gamers in letting a lot of their exclusives being ported to Windows, a Microsoft platform, so hopefully they won't go back to 'console war' mode with genuinely only PS5 playable games.

This has now confirmed PC as the best single platform for getting most games this console gen, even if timed. I hope Sony don't stop porting their games to Windows now as 'revenge'.

Sony weren't being generous, they realised that a greater number of gamers could be reached if they let those ports happen and it would in turn keep their share holders and executive board members happy. Don't confuse generosity with corporate greed.

Soldato
I still the amount of people that but an xbox just for a Bethesda games I'd going to be tiny compared to how many would buy if it was on ps5. Although I suppose you've got doom and tes series.

Associate
Bethesda's reputation amongst gamers has taken a battering over the last several years with some very poor releases .Of course, this could improve now that Microsoft have invested heavily in them - time will tell. But as things stand, Bethesda isn't an incentive, to me at least, to get into the Xbox ecosystem. And I'm sure this is the case for many people.

Also, I have a high end PC so I'm not missing out on anything.

Associate
Sony weren't being generous, they realised that a greater number of gamers could be reached if they let those ports happen and it would in turn keep their share holders and executive board members happy. Don't confuse generosity with corporate greed.[/QUOTE

(Edited on desktop to actually get formatting right)

I've mentioned time and time again, of course it's about money, that's what motivates all ports. But generosity isn't just about money, otherwise Nintendo might port some games to PC, Nintendo closely guard their IPs for good reason, so yes Sony have been generous with their IPs even with the primary motivation being making more money.

Nintendo don't port games to PC or other consoles because there's a good chance it could take a massive chunk of their console sales - Sony have decided that's not an issue for them for now, at least for PC, after decades of carefully guarding their exclusives, they're letting some games out on PC which is comparatively generous and could even harm Sony's own console sales.

So they've been generous with IPs with sharing them with PC, but one I agree is mostly entirely money motivated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom