BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Love it or hate it, it came out today....

I was at the launch day at the local dealership as my M4 was on the 'stand' for their facebook live stream - so here's a quick vid. Discuss.... now that folk have seen these, what do you think?

WARNING CONTAINS BLACK GRILL CONTENT

I was at the dealer first thing and had a poke around a black, "yellow", portamo blue and donington gray one. Really like them, apart from the the "yellow" sales managers car (but don't him that ;) as he just sorted a deal on the 840i) , grill in the metal with a number plate is a zero issue in my eyes, and I love the aggressiveness of the car. The interior with the full the carbon seats looks great and I wouldn't be upset about having one next

Man of Honour
Really can't stand the front - it doesn't look as bad in real life as it does in pictures but it's still not brilliant. The bit I don't understand is why? The G30 3 Series is fantastic looking car - to go from that to this makes little sense to me.

Peak 3 Series therefore is the M340i IMHO.

Man of Honour
A bright green new M4 came barrelling towards me today, looks quite good but the front end is a bit weird. Think it's my local dealers demo car, has been in the showroom the past few weeks.

Soldato
I just think BMW have got it so wrong with the whole grille thing at the moment. A lot of them look really smart from the rear, side and then you hit the front and .... oooft. Which is a shame, cause they are nice cars. But it would just grind me each time I walked upto it.

I agree.

I'm sure that it'll be an absolute hoot to drive, but I will never want one because of how it looks. I've got to like how a car looks to want one and it'd have to have the performance of a McLaren 720S for me to over look the face of it.

The fact is that the new Audi or Merc equivalents will likely be 95% as good, but 200% better looking. And I'll take that straight away over the M3/M4. I think BMW have done themselves out of a lot of sales - and this, with Merc and Audi snapping at their heels when it comes to dynamics, is the absolutely worst time they could have put the biggest, ugliest face on two of their flagships.

It's very possibly the ugliest BMW ever made, and yes, I am including the first gen 6 series.

Soldato
It's not just the front end though is it. The whole car looks crap. When Merc and Audi are putting out the best looking cars in ages it makes you wonder why anyone would buy BMW now.

Man of Honour
The new BMWs are going for the "outstanding" look
But outstanding does not mean beautiful nor pleasing to the eye.
Being the ugly one sure is outstanding...outstandingly ugly...lol...

Soldato
I just watched that video above where it has a bunch of the previous gen cars in the intro and thought to myself "Damn, the previous generations of M3/M4 are all mighty good looking, muscular cars".

They all look beautiful in their proportions, until it comes to the G8x which just looks completely offensive. I'm guessing BMW aren't sticking this front end on the rest of the G20 lineup? All they had to do was take the M340i and make it look a more muscular and cool.

I must admit, I thought it looked good from the side and rear when I first saw it but the more I look at it, the more it just looks like a bit of a mess from all angles. The rear just looks so overly busy with angles and stick on trim absolutely everywhere. The side just looks plain with some stick on trim on the front wing. And the front is....well the front.

Soldato
Love it or hate it, it came out today....

I was at the launch day at the local dealership as my M4 was on the 'stand' for their facebook live stream - so here's a quick vid. Discuss.... now that folk have seen these, what do you think?

WARNING CONTAINS BLACK GRILL CONTENT

So a wee update....

And thanks for watching the video too if you did, appreciate it!

The M4 convertible is mine, the E30 and E46 M3's belong to other BMW club members. We were all in agreement that although the new M3 and M4 are no doubt mighty capable cars, great on paper and interior tech, the outside is overly fussy and doesn't match. Also gone with the bonnet bulge!
We are each getting hold of them in the next week for a day each, so will be able to give a proper hands on report as to how they drive and compare to the previous models.

Caporegime
Proper track, very very ballsy bends out back. Always struggle with the line around there at first.
Yeah bit worried about 140mph on a track! Ive got DS2500 pads and brake lines coming tomorrow to fit with decent fluid. Was gooing to get a AP racing kit but was looking tight on getting them in time and not sure Thruxton is the hardest of brakes as been mentioned in here.

Will see how it goes anyway, will be good to open it up properly and learn a bit more of it on the limit.

OcUK Staff
My new 5 series comes today, in Tanzanite Blue, can't bloody wait! :)

Nice!

Fingers crossed I might get my M5 back today, lol. Been in garage nearly a month.
They were fitting poly bushes in rear, and the drivers side hub cracked, needless to say had to source one from Germany and it got delayed at port due to Brexit, plus fuel tank issues (only one side filling up) and some issues but I knew getting an M5 would throw some big bills and its lived up to the reputation, looking forward to getting it back should drive nice with fresh bushes and the tank should not empty so fast now either, lol.

Soldato
OP
I got the warranty renewal price from BMW for my 84k mile X5 40d.
Fully comp zero excess - £2314
£100 excess - £1699
£250 excess - £1267

Named Component zero excess - £1899
£100 excess - £1408
£250 excess - £1062

All include breakdown. I think I will either take my chances and run it for another year before selling or get a cheaper 3rd party warranty. BMW prices are a joke.

Back
Top Bottom