MSI Center AI cooling?

Associate
Hi,
Did anyone try the AI cooling capability of MSI Center yet? System fan control based upon GPU temperature..

MSI Center looks better than Dragon Center, so far. I like that we cslan choose which apps to have installed.

Associate
Likewise haven't tried it yet, but if it works it should be very good. I currently use Argus Monitor to control my fans (even though it's commercial!) as I couldn't find anything else that would do just that - control case fans based upon GPU temperature.

Associate
Likewise haven't tried it yet, but if it works it should be very good. I currently use Argus Monitor to control my fans (even though it's commercial!) as I couldn't find anything else that would do just that - control case fans based upon GPU temperature.

That Argus Monitor is just what I've been looking for! I've got a 140mm case fan magnetised onto my PSU shroud and facing the graphics card to assist with blowing cool air over the GPU and out of the rear of the case. It's connected to the PUMP fan header for independent control, but until now I've not been able to make it react directly to GPU temp. This software sorts that, nice one thanks!

Associate
Glad I could help :) Shame it's commercial of course, but it's really good.

In my case I only have one independent exhaust fan, the other three are all on my 360mm AIO CPU cooler mounted as exhaust. I like Argus Monitor since it can use two curves to control the fans on the CPU cooler - they can ramp up if the CPU coolant temperature gets hot, but also if the GPU gets hot to help exhaust the hot air from the case.

Associate
Free would be good, but I don't mind commercial if you get value and the price is very reasonable. It's ideal though as my cpu temps have been fine making it difficult to address the gpu without having noise at idle. Problem now solved! Cheers.

Soldato
Go direct to the MSI support/download site and do not pass go.

I eventually found msi center and gave it a go.

its basically a reskinned dragon center where you can download the modules you want which is nice but I already deleted everything in dragon center aside from mystic light and fan control and when i tried to add the fan control to msi center it wouldn't load.

I think ill try going to another rgb control method, either software or a hardware solution, already set fans up in bios.

Associate
Glad I could help :) Shame it's commercial of course, but it's really good.

In my case I only have one independent exhaust fan, the other three are all on my 360mm AIO CPU cooler mounted as exhaust. I like Argus Monitor since it can use two curves to control the fans on the CPU cooler - they can ramp up if the CPU coolant temperature gets hot, but also if the GPU gets hot to help exhaust the hot air from the case.

Purchased a licence for Argus Monitor last night. It's been working great, thanks again.

Soldato
I myself looked into this, I want to get away from using ICUE which is Corsairs RGB and Fan control and got trapped into its eco system having bought its fans what I noticed and others reported icue has background processes which use up I feel too much I even tested I closed all icue services and in idle power usage is around 15-20watts lower and even the CPU idle temps dropped as it was getting random spikes from ICUE

So started looking into using something else to control RGB (will get rid of the corsair fans) and control case fans according to GPU temps which I cant fault icue on very easy to setup curves etc
I have an MSI 570x unify board so downloaded MSI Center plugged 1 fan into sys fan header it doesnt let you set the curves according to GPU temps only for CPU :( but can control RGB , So searched and found program called FanControl which seems to work well and its free
https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases

computer uses less power also CPU idle temps dropped and less background processes being used

Now deciding what fans to go for the uni sl120 have caught my eye , Will just use MSI center to control RGB and Fan Control to set case fan curves

Back
Top Bottom