**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
The Spitfire does look good but I’ve got all the spitfires in il-2 and they look simply gorgeous in il-2, have an advanced damage model and probably* have a much better flight model and of course you can do air to air combat.

*im just guessing to be fair but the bonus at present is you can buy an entire il-2 game or even 3 for less than the cost of a spitfire in msfs2020.

Of course one can’t take a spitfire in il-2 over their house....

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

Of course one can’t take a spitfire in il-2 over their house....

That's true, but then your own house probably doesn't look like your own house in FS. Our housing estate is populated with just a "generic" set of UK houses, as per most buildings in FS. So whilst the scenery might be fairly accurate and cover the world, with the exception of the specifically built "landmarks", everything else is just chosen from a database.

Soldato
I thought I read that India Foxtrot Echo have a BAE Hawk in the works. I've been patriotically waiting for that rather than going for the US variant, not much use for a tail hook in MSFS anyway.

Not as far as I’m aware, only the T45 although there is a hawk skin on flightsim.to iirc. I haven’t been checking lately though so perhaps there’s a recent development? Justflight are definitely bringing a proper (and great looking) hawk to msfs soon though.

The Flying Iron Spitfire is very good. Granted it's not a jet, but it wins in terms of quality and nostalgia.

It is pretty decent, fun to fly and straightforward. Could do with a bit better engine modelling as regards engine management and ground handling leaves a little to be desired but I believe that’s more on MSFS side with the inability to accurately do a free castoring tail wheel in the SDK currently.

The Mil Viz Corsair is a notch above the spitfire in terms of systems modelling imo, but is a more complex bird to fly as a result so you picks your poison.

Anyone looking for a straight up fun bird, take a look at the free Vertigo mod https://flightsim.to/file/13052/vertigo-turbo-prop-racer

Caporegime
That's true, but then your own house probably doesn't look like your own house in FS. Our housing estate is populated with just a "generic" set of UK houses, as per most buildings in FS. So whilst the scenery might be fairly accurate and cover the world, with the exception of the specifically built "landmarks", everything else is just chosen from a database.
I was surprised at how good my street looked tbh. Very accurate. Even saw my shed in the back garden.

Soldato
The massive FPS drops are really getting me down now.

I don’t care what anyone says, with a 3900x and 3080, I should be getting more than 15-20fps at 1440p high in the 320NX
I feel you there. If they can find a way to spread the cpu load across cores better I think that would unlock a lot of performance. You'd have thought they'd have made that a big thing after FSX was so horrendously bottleneck Ed by single core performance. Everything is going massively threaded in the hardware world, and we really need software to find a way to capitalise on those extra cores. On my 2700x, my 3080 is usually sitting around at 60% utilisation at high settings while one cpu core is pinned and the rest are just chilling.

Hoping Dx12 brings some cpu optimisations on all the draw calls on buildings etc.

Soldato
The massive FPS drops are really getting me down now.

I don’t care what anyone says, with a 3900x and 3080, I should be getting more than 15-20fps at 1440p high in the 320NX
Same spec here and tbh I’ve given up now till they fix it! Even a 5 series chip won’t give me anywhere near the performance needed! +15% of dreadful is still very poor!

Caporegime
Same spec here and tbh I’ve given up now till they fix it! Even a 5 series chip won’t give me anywhere near the performance needed! +15% of dreadful is still very poor!

You can tell the spec is adequate because sometimes it runs smooth and around 40-50fps. But then it inexplicably crashes down to a stuttering mess, so as you say, it’s obviously a problem with the sim itself.

Mind you, I’ve only really noticed it with the 320NX, so it could be an issue with that too.

Associate
I'm really enjoying the current DEV version of the FBW A32NX, I just completed a flight from Stansted to Edinburgh with a full CAT III B autoland! :p Sunset on the way up was beautiful and the scenery over the highlands stunning! I want to fly some low level VFR soon, this sim is too beautiful.

Soldato
Gorgeous ^^

I bought the ultralight solo 103 as the video looks cool. Of course I’m refusing to play it until the entire game stops relying on a single core but eventually i’ll Let you all know what it’s like :p

Associate
What cpu paired with a 3090FE would give the best frame rates at 1440?
Would you go with the cpu with the fastest single core speed you could find or the best all core boost in the hope that DX12 when it comes would give a better improvement.

Caporegime
What cpu paired with a 3090FE would give the best frame rates at 1440?
Would you go with the cpu with the fastest single core speed you could find or the best all core boost in the hope that DX12 when it comes would give a better improvement.
Fastest single core. An overclocked 11900K boosting to 5.3Ghz is your best bet. Until they start using DX12, then the high core count Ryzens might start leading the way.

Caporegime
Fastest single core. An overclocked 11900K boosting to 5.3Ghz is your best bet. Until they start using DX12, then the high core count Ryzens might start leading the way.

I have similar specs to you, but a Ryzen 3900X, and a 3080 and get around 40-60fps when cruising, but high 20’s to low 30’s when at a busy airport or flying low over cities in the A320.

Back
Top Bottom