• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI RMA Royal mail & Polish postal system disaster

Soldato
Good reason to avoid an MSI card. Post Brexit they might want to look at a UK based operation again before the brand goes toxic.
Aren't Zotac and Gigabyte the only ones left who have a UK RMA centre? I know EVGA closed theirs and you now have to send things to Germany. I doubt it'll hurt MSI any when it's the norm. I don't think MSI have ever had a UK one either, as I had to send my GTX 460 to the Netherlands many years ago.

Associate
I rma my g604 mouse yesterday .

It was on rainforest Web. Becoz they had stock I simply got new replacement and have to send my old one back.

I guess if item is not in stock it would Be refund.

Associate
OP
*Update
Tbh i had forgot i had posted this here ..i created this mainly as a rec to myself and ask if anybody else experienced something similar and advice ..

Let me be clear non of this was MSI fault it was simply a postal problem which they still do not know if package was lost or posted to the wrong address.

Long story short this is now over.. after a month of doing my own investigations along with the MSI RMA rep helping out on their end with the polish postal service.
The MSI rep did not have to help out at all but he did ..he was on the whole principle trip with me to the end.

I had to threaten RM with court proceedings ..this resolved it ..i got refunded the cards original value which tbf is a joke ...last time i checked its now worth 3 to 4 times that value along with the postage paid

These systems with customer support and claims ect as we all know are designed to make you give up and cut your losses they should be called customer un support really ...but not me i will never give up ..
was it a waste of good time and a large phone bill of course it was but eh it feels good to not let them get away with it..

So the whole saga started on the 24th January and resolved on the 25th May 4 months

the Cheque came today

and to add salt to the wound the cheque was not in my correct name :/

Associate
OP
looks like a good reason to give MSI a wide birth, think i shall pass on msi for my gpu upgrade

As stated non of this was MSI fault it was simply a postal problem

RMA wise it doesn't matter what brand you buy as your contract is with the retailer. OP should have just taken the refund from the place he purchased it.

Agree but we are back to hindsight again ..I took a gamble and that gamble gave me a great big bite in the you know what. But you tell me who would have not RMA a card knowing that the card come back repaired or replaced would have been worth 3 to 4 times its original value.

Associate
MSI gpus are bloody good, suprim cards are pretty much top 3, shame about the company being so ****** (specially after the 3080 TRIOS fiasco)

Man of Honour
hahaha ..don't get me started I never thought of it that way ..the root of the problem all along was MSI fault :p

I'm not even joking, they replaced a 280x 3 times before I gave up on it. I had 4 chassis on a laptop because of a poor design and that was in an 18 month or so period (long time ago now but still). In fact ive never had a single product of theirs that has lasted it's warranty period.

Put simply I no longer buy MSI.

Associate
OP
I'm not even joking, they replaced a 280x 3 times before I gave up on it. I had 4 chassis on a laptop because of a poor design and that was in an 18 month or so period (long time ago now but still). In fact ive never had a single product of theirs that has lasted it's warranty period.

I am with you on that Vince i suppose we have all had our fair share of problems with gear from certain manufactures ..i have had similar problems as you but mine where with Gigabyte and i will not touch them for the same reasons.. I assume you build for clients same as me .. so its not like we are not just talking about small amounts of gear for our own personal use here.
re msi sold a lot of their motherboards and gpu's and not had much bother with them compared to Gigabyte ..personally been using 2 x B350 MSI boards now running 3800's that started on 1700's still going strong touch wood

Soldato

With respect, I've seen people post the same sort of thing about literally every manufacturer out there. If it was all in any way representative, all computer components would be complete junk that fails after ten minutes. There'd be no escaping it. Personally, I just ignore all the noise now and judge products based on their merits, rather than the brand on the box. All of them produce both good and bad products, so you have to do your research. Hasn't steered me wrong yet, and my last three motherboards have all been MSI (including the X570 Ace I'm using right now). Been great too.

Caporegime
I had to threaten RM with court proceedings ..this resolved it ..i got refunded the cards original value which tbf is a joke ...last time i checked its now worth 3 to 4 times that value along with the postage paid

How is it a joke? Even assuming RM would compensate you at today's inflated prices you only insured the card for £120.

Soldato
With respect, I've seen people post the same sort of thing about literally every manufacturer out there. If it was all in any way representative, all computer components would be complete junk that fails after ten minutes. There'd be no escaping it. Personally, I just ignore all the noise now and judge products based on their merits, rather than the brand on the box. All of them produce both good and bad products, so you have to do your research. Hasn't steered me wrong yet, and my last three motherboards have all been MSI (including the X570 Ace I'm using right now). Been great too.

I'd agree with this. I buy on the individual product, bought a Gigabyte motherboard for the first time and very pleased. Best way is to not buy blind, wait for reviews and look at 4 or 5 of them before deciding what to buy.

Associate
its nice to see some sort of resolution.

As for msi, i bought MSI laptop 8 years ago, same time i bought Alienware laptop. both were 17''. quality of MSI laptop was lacking, cheap plastic, wobbly screen, one hinge broke few years later, but laptop survived and still going strong.

Alienware gpu died few years ago, got replaced, working fine and wethered the time much better.

Back
Top Bottom