*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Permabanned
So it’s coming it will be live streamed by Microsoft for the new upcoming OS.

24th for your calendar people…

> Windows 10 was released on 29 July 2015.....
> It's been reported that Microsoft will no longer be using version numbers for their OS.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Honestly though I hope they are actually releasing something decent and more importantly doesn't reboot on you if it **** well feels like it.

Though overall I like it Windows 7 feels dated in some areas not to mention lack of support, etc. but I keep having to go back to it for an OS I can rely on for any serious work. Windows 10 is basically a clown car OS.

Permabanned
OP
No, I'm on audio only, I'll be borrowing radio equipment from Feek. God knows he's not interested in any Windows stuff :p

Oh if you are on audio only I think he said he’s going on radio straight after his channel 5 broadcast!

Cos he’s into his mac stuff. It’s all that money paying been an admin here!

Microsoft should just announce the next OS is free then improve on their cloud computing areas.

Man of Honour
Microsoft should just announce the next OS is free then improve on their cloud computing areas.

I don't get the fascination MS has of the extremes of free or silly high prices - beyond what most people subjectively think an OS is worth regardless of whatever justification MS uses.

When they did the introductory offers for Windows 7 at a good price loads of people bought the OS even that would have normally pirated it.

Permabanned
OP
I don't get the fascination MS has of the extremes of free or silly high prices - beyond what most people subjectively think an OS is worth regardless of whatever justification MS uses.

When they did the introductory offers for Windows 7 at a good price loads of people bought the OS even that would have normally pirated it.

They never get it right though. It’s either too high or giving it away free. On top of that they usually bring many versions out. They do seem to be going a bit more Apple though. The way things are distributed through the App Store.

Man of Honour
They need to get the app store right - it should be a compelling system that everyone wants to use and the de-facto way in this day and age for software distribution for security, etc. reasons. But that needs a well designed app ecosystem which is both developer friendly, doesn't have silly restrictions and behaves well for the end user.

I also don't understand why they don't approach the home and professional flavours differently - home needs to be a far more curated experience (at its base) while professional should [actually] cater to power users and people who might use the OS somewhat differently to your every day user.

Permabanned
OP
They need to get the app store right - it should be a compelling system that everyone wants to use and the de-facto way in this day and age for software distribution for security, etc. reasons. But that needs a well designed app ecosystem which is both developer friendly, doesn't have silly restrictions and behaves well for the end user.

I also don't understand why they don't approach the home and professional flavours differently - home needs to be a far more curated experience (at its base) while professional should [actually] cater to power users and people who might use the OS somewhat differently to your every day user.

Isn’t that just common sense though as a developer?

Back
Top Bottom