• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They'll likely be £800-900 ish including VAT on the Nvidia store. Just have to use one of the numerous stock drop apps to get one. One thing's for sure, you'll be able to get one way sooner than the ~8 months!!!!!! people have been waiting for their £1500+ 3090's.

As to performance - 3090/3080ti specs on paper are practically identical. Clocks speeds not finalized, for all we know the 3080ti will just clock way higher (more mature process, binned chips,, many options).

Nvidia care more about crushing AMD's benchmark numbers than they do in breastfeeding all 6 of the 3090 owners out there.

Howdy Dave! What's your thoughts now on the 3080ti? lol

Soldato
There would be a lot more than 6 3090 owners out there if only the manufactures would supply the goods needed.
Same, snapped up a 3090 FE yesterday afternoon at MSRP after an unexpected stock drop. Really pleased - just gotta hope the card runs okay and then sell my 3080!

7 now it seems :cry:.. Wondering which teet he's suckling on now..

I love how some change their tune later.. ;)

Soldato
Feel bad for those just getting their 3090's, or who've received them recently. 3080ti is just about to drop, and will be the stand out card price/performance ratio (for gaming) this generation.

I still feel the 3080ti will be faster in games over the 3090, we'll see.
:cry: I so love reading past comments like this.. :rolleyes: when the reality comes out later.

Dave actually I'm happy you got a 3090fe now, because now the 10GB Vram enough thread is heading for some fun.. Of course once you sell on your 3080..:D..

Associate
:cry: I so love reading past comments like this.. :rolleyes: when the reality comes out later.

Dave actually I'm happy you got a 3090fe now, because now the 10GB Vram enough thread is heading for some fun.. Of course once you sell on your 3080..:D..
Haha I was waiting for somebody to pull old comments that aged well out.:cry::cry:

Associate
TBH it would just be nice to get the queue update. Now been 2 weeks without one, i'm only 35th. So close now.

Its also a shame that pre builds get cards. Surely all pre orders should take precedent. It would also be nice if we could be offered an alternative. On some of the pre builds there are cards for 3090s which are in stock but obviously being kept for those builds and maybe people are still waiting on those cards.
I personally ordered the Strix OC version which is out of stock for both orders and pre builds, but the white ones are available for builds. Even though it may ruin peoples builds it would still be nice if we were offered a change.
From some reading I know people who ordered 3080's were hoping to maybe get an offer to swap to a 3080 Ti, but as it is closer to a 3090 than 3080 you would think they might offer that to us instead of them so that they could get some more orders fulfilled.

Sorry for the little rant. Please understand there are no hard feelings on my side. The world is going through shortages of cards but also components for cards and OCUK are doing what they can for us. I know my card may not get to me within the next few weeks or maybe months depending on deliveries so I am happy to wait. It would have just been nice if we were offered alternatives to our cards for ones that are currently in stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah hold on...Dave got a 3090? Trololololololol!

I'm happy he has, he will realise what a good card it is compared even to the 3080 which is a very good card. Also with these insane prices I have a feeling for years to come we will all be holding onto our gpus for longer as I'm sure Nvidia is never going to allow us to go back to £500-£650 top end cards like Ti's ever again and I can't see many of us updating every gen or other gen now for £1.5k cards msrp but really £2k+ AIBs.

Soldato
I'm happy he has, he will realise what a good card it is compared even to the 3080 which is a very good card. Also with these insane prices I have a feeling for years to come we will all be holding onto our gpus for longer as I'm sure Nvidia is never going to allow us to go back to £500-£650 top end cards like Ti's ever again and I can't see many of us updating every gen or other gen now for £1.5k cards msrp but really £2k+ AIBs.
It's up to Nvidia if they want to try killing PC gaming. I won't pay stupid prices for cards with more vram & a tiny bit more grunt. If the 4000 series overall is stupidly priced then i will be looking at AMD and Intel options, i will just shun Nvidia cards like Apple products.

Associate
It is annoying that I should be feeling elated but am not. .....

....Today I saw the comment in this thread that OC have some 3090s in stock so I checked - and was shocked - to see that the one I wanted is in stock. I saw the price but was not surprised - I had expected it to be £3K. Once the shock wore off I went ahead with the purchase but without the sense of excitement and anticipation that I should be feeling at finally getting to build a new PC. Perhaps I am fortunate that I can afford to pay £3K for a GPU but it's really crazy isn't it and it has left a bitter taste. I guess I need to look on the bright side - at least everything else I need to buy now will seem cheap!

I can empathise - only justified going for a 3080 in Sept on the basis of price/performance over my 2060, but after waiting 8 months thought bugger it and got a 3090 FE in the drop last week. It's a great card, but not the same sensation as getting the 3080 would have been... :rolleyes::confused:

Whoop, managed to bag a 3090 in today's drop. :)

Congrats & enjoy! :cool:;)

Next thing you'll be saying is that the Earth isn't flat!!!! :eek:

It's definitely flat - I can see the edge from the bedroom window. Funny how it appears to be in Croydon... :D

So I managed to somehow nab a 3090 FE elsewhere. What are people's thoughts on sagging? Are others finding they need to use a bracket?

I havent noticed any sag on mine.
The cooler is so solid, and with it actually mounting into 3x slots, I dont see it being an issue.
If I was moving the PC to another house or something, Id probably remove the card though.

In regards to your question. Check out One enjoy Graphics Card GPU Brace Support, on Amazon it works great. Well worth the money.

The 3090 is a beast and without a bracket is easily the most solid GPU I've ever had. I've got some UpHere brackets (Amazon) from previous GPUs so have fitted one anyway. At £1400 it's not worth messing about.

If it ever needs transporting anywhere it'll be going flat on it's back on something very padded - taking no chances there. :eek:

Associate
I decided to get an UpHere GS05BK support bracket for my Gigabyte 3090 Extreme WB. I'm not sure it needs it but I don't want to take a chance and also I am going to use the EK X570 chipset WB which only just fits and I'd rather the GPU rest on the bracket than on the WB fittings. Anyway it was £8.99 from ****** and it arrived yesterday. I had a quick look at the bracket and was very impressed. It appears to be very well made and sturdy and looks good too. As long as it works it would seem to be extremely good value.

Associate
I decided to get an UpHere GS05BK support bracket for my Gigabyte 3090 Extreme WB.
It appears to be very well made and sturdy and looks good too. As long as it works it would seem to be extremely good value.

Not sure what 'model' my UpHere is but it's a sturdy aluminium bracket, no flex there at all - definite recommendation here too :D

Soldato
Howdy Dave! What's your thoughts now on the 3080ti? lol

3080ti was disappointing - surprised Nvidia cheaped out and used the smaller 3080 cooler on it. I was totally wrong on the 3080ti overall.

Luckily snapped up a 3090FE @ MSRP, so there are now a grand total of 7 owners, all being breastfed :D

That said, at this point it's about getting whatever card you can. If I could have ordered a 3080ti FE on Thursday, I would have - as was no guarantee of the 3090 drop that came.

Associate
3080ti was disappointing - surprised Nvidia cheaped out and used the smaller 3080 cooler on it. I was totally wrong on the 3080ti overall.

Luckily snapped up a 3090FE @ MSRP, so there are now a grand total of 7 owners, all being breastfed :D

That said, at this point it's about getting whatever card you can. If I could have ordered a 3080ti FE on Thursday, I would have - as was no guarantee of the 3090 drop that came.

It's nice to see more non bots/scalpers finally getting GPU. I was shocked on how easy it was for me to purchase an 3090 FE last week. Just watching the Discord Stockrader chat room and someone mentioned the FE drop.

Took me around 3 minutes to complete the purchase and it went through successfully first time.

I really wanted the Tuf OC but just happy to be finally be getting a 3000 series card after so long.

Associate
What is going on, I again don't get emails about queue positions. I got 2 mails on my queue position on 14 may, on 21 may (both with same position) and no more letters since. The way it goes it looks like I will get my card maybe in 2023 or 2024, if I put that £720 in bank for 3-4 years I'd get a nice interest on it. Are you just sitting on my money for the interest?

Associate
It's nice to see more non bots/scalpers finally getting GPU. I was shocked on how easy it was for me to purchase an 3090 FE last week. Just watching the Discord Stockrader chat room and someone mentioned the FE drop.

Took me around 3 minutes to complete the purchase and it went through successfully first time.

I really wanted the Tuf OC but just happy to be finally be getting a 3000 series card after so long.
I think that I will have to try that. what/how do you go about setting up an alert?. I have been waiting for my 3090 since the end of January.

Soldato

Getting one for MSRP is especially nice :)

Back
Top Bottom