**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Man of Honour
What's your guys experience with MIUI? Seen lots of negative things about it online
Been fine here, very light weight, all ads gone, not that I had many at all before I sorted them out.

I think a lot of the bad press was from early versions a few years back, it's not much different to Oxygen and OneUI in general usage :)

Only thing I've found is that the battery stats are on a rolling 24hr system, so I can't get a full look at my battery charge info but other than that it's been great for me (Poco F3)

Associate
I would say it's the same for most phones. By 2 years all my phone's are looking a bit tired a fancy something new by then anyway. Had Poco F1 for 2 years now the Poco f2. All the Samsung phones have gone very slow and battery's knackered after a year. (batteries are better now tho)

I think its fine when they are cheap, we picked up a mi10 lite 5g as it was a good price and are happy with it, not even a tenner a month over its expected 2year life, but blimey something like a Mi11U, forget about it, 1.2k and you know it's going to be ditched, better off with Apple or Samsung which is a shame as the hardware is good.

Certainly my s8 got slow, but still use it now as a disposable backup phone to my s10 when out of bike etc, battery is just fine, though it received its last security update this year.

Soldato
What's your guys experience with MIUI? Seen lots of negative things about it online

I think it's really quite a nice OS now. As said, it was pretty bad in the early days and that seems to have tainted it to many.

If Xiaomi did a Pixel 5 sized device, in the high midrange, I'd really like to try that... but I don't think they do?

Soldato
I think it's really quite a nice OS now. As said, it was pretty bad in the early days and that seems to have tainted it to many.

If Xiaomi did a Pixel 5 sized device, in the high midrange, I'd really like to try that... but I don't think they do?

Have you reviewed to the Poco X3 Pro? Is their somewhere I can read your reviews?

Soldato

I've been looking for something like this. The last decent one was the mi 9se. The wife had it and I'm trying to find something similar but newer. Seems there's a gap in the market right now. Everything is big now.

Associate
2nd attempt for me with an F3 this time from Amazon a white 128gb for £282.
Only really need 128gb as have a 128gb F2 Pro atm with 60gb free space.Only reason i went for 256gb before was the price difference was only £20.

Btw Xiaomi UK are horrendous to deal with it has taken 7 weeks to get a refund out of them !

Soldato
I picked up a Poco X3 Pro 8GB 256GB for about £215. I got it today. Initial impressions are decent for the price. Nice and fast, display is good, 120Hz is nice

Couple of questions

When will I get MIUI 12.5 on this device?
Chrome sometimes stutters, apparently their is a fix for this, does anyone here know what it is
Is it worth debloating

Soldato
I picked up a Poco X3 Pro 8GB 256GB for about £215. I got it today. Initial impressions are decent for the price. Nice and fast, display is good, 120Hz is nice

Couple of questions

Chrome sometimes stutters, apparently their is a fix for this, does anyone here know what it is
Is it worth debloating

Mine updated to 12.5 yesterday, so I'm sure yours won't be far behind.

I haven't seen any stutters in Chrome, and I'll be following the guide in here to debloat over the weekend.

Caporegime

Couple of questions

Is it worth debloating
Definitely de-bloat, I removed so much crap and it's very easy. Still a couple of niggles with mine....
  • The PIP mode on YouTube seems a bit weird, especially in Chrome. It seems to get confused with me trying to pause a video in the floating window mode and doesn't respond, I have to move the window and then I might be able to register a button press
  • My volume controls (actual icon/animation) disappeared last night, reset brought them back
  • Only happened once when using Strava - but it seemed to have a brain fart moment when I tried to unlock it so I could end my trip. I just got a black screen, eventually it came to and let me unlock
Still loving it though. Phone has been on since 7am yesterday and is now on 19%, SoT disappointing (4hrs13) though but still early days.

Soldato
Definitely de-bloat, I removed so much crap and it's very easy. Still a couple of niggles with mine....
  • The PIP mode on YouTube seems a bit weird, especially in Chrome. It seems to get confused with me trying to pause a video in the floating window mode and doesn't respond, I have to move the window and then I might be able to register a button press
  • My volume controls (actual icon/animation) disappeared last night, reset brought them back
  • Only happened once when using Strava - but it seemed to have a brain fart moment when I tried to unlock it so I could end my trip. I just got a black screen, eventually it came to and let me unlock
Still loving it though. Phone has been on since 7am yesterday and is now on 19%, SoT disappointing (4hrs13) though but still early days.

Battery is something that I'm unsure about at the moment. I lost about 20 percent within an hour last night under general use

Associate
Recommendations for smaller device

Within the 5” range ideally, I know a lot of phones have large screens nowadays. But went something still reasonably sized for an older person who’s current phone is an older small handset.

Nothing too fancy or expensive

Associate
Battery is something that I'm unsure about at the moment. I lost about 20 percent within an hour last night under general use
That seems a lot.
I used mines all day and night until 11pm yesterday. Did a couple of quick calls, a few pics and videos down the pub/karaoke. Sent said videos to whatsapp. Constant checking of emails, few texts and used the same 20%

Been using my F3 for a week now and unfortunately, the fingerprint sensor is still iffy, but more importantly, dropped several calls. The phone was still showing 4/5g with full bars, but you can`t say for certain the problem is not with the other end. But if it drops any calls agin, then I`ll return it.

Am more than happy with everything else though. Pics and videos included.

Soldato
Just some quick feedback on the Poco X3 Pro. Only been using it a few days and so far so good. I'm upgrading from Android 7 so I'm not sure what is new Android 11 and what is MIUI?. Not had the bloatware experience I read about and the only adverts I've seen in 3 days were in the bundled games which I played once and then uninstalled.

It's a good bundle, rubber case, pre installed screen protector, powerful charger and decent USB C cable so all you need to do is get your SIM installed and setup the phone. I do have a 128GB microSD from my old phone but didn't install it as the POCO X3 Pro comes with 256GB of fast storage so I'm gonna run with until I nearly run out of space.

Not a full review by any means but didn't find any problems yet. I got split screen working, also the three finger swipe to save a screenshot is there same as my older phone. The battery is good and the recharge is damn quick and has the coolest animation to boot.

My model is all updated with the latest MIUI no problems. WiFi is fast with no connection issues, same for Bluetooth. Screen is very nice (1440p?) although I didn't set it to 120Hz yet, touch screen never misses. The side mounted finger print scanner is much better than my old phone as is the camera which seems good so far. Didn't shoot video yet or play any intense games so have yet to find out how hot this phone gets under load. I'm thinking to buy a small Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for gaming, do you think that will work ok?

Can't think of anything else at the moment just a thumbs up from me on initial impressions. At around £200 the Poco X3 Pro offers good value for money. I'll post back with some gaming info once I get time. A+

Soldato
Does anyone here with the F3 have any issues with fingerprint scanner like the poster above? I was considering giving it a try but having a good fingerprint scanner is important to me

Have you noticed any stutters in chrome on your x3 pro? @Big.Wayne

Man of Honour
Does anyone here with the F3 have any issues with fingerprint scanner like the poster above? I was considering giving it a try but having a good fingerprint scanner is important to me

Have you noticed any stutters in chrome on your x3 pro? @Big.Wayne
No issues with my F3 fingerprint scanner, works beautifully and super quick, far quicker than any under screen version.

Associate
The brightness curve on the Poco F3 is terrible indoors, it is so dim compared to the redmi note 10 pro.

Nearly 80% just to have a good viewing screen.

Both also seem to have proximity sensor bugs, screen stays on during a call.

I guess you get what you pay for....

Associate
My note 9 is gradually dying now so after reading through the newest pages on here I am interested in the Poco F3. Does it support banking apps ok, e.g HSBC, starling etc? And does google pay work at all?

Back
Top Bottom