• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I stick by the research from at least 2 sources that indicate a scalping rate of 5%.
Even if the scalping rate was 15%, which it isn't (but to quote - feel free to believe what you like), it still means nearly 7m units have made it to retail at RRP.

You're just unlucky, that is all there is to it.
You're competing with people who want the console - guess what, some people aren't going to get one and some people are repeatedly not going to get one.

I read that article, they didnt even bother checking the biggest marketplace (facebook) and are only counting sold/advertised units. 5% is a lowball baseline, the actual figure is likely 3-5x that.

Soldato
I think his point is that even if the scalpers didn't exist there would still be a massive shortage issue. Easy to blame scalpers but the real issue is a complete lack of silicon.
Exactly, say there's 20% of ps5s bought by scalpers, now obviously there's still some retards that buy them from scalpers, but I don't believe that 80% of all people who want one actually have 1. I'm still hunting but as I dint work at a desk I think I'll be out of luck:p.

Soldato
It is my birthday today and my partner purchased a ps5 disc version for me. Just transferring / downloading games from my ps4 now.

I have a nice ps4 collection of games. So looking forward to seeing what battlefield, GT Sport is like on this.

Any games I should look at maybe buying?

I liked on the ps4, uncharted, sniper elite, battlefield, GT Sport.

Thank you.

Soldato
Is there a way to get the upgrade for Spidey without buying Miles Morales?

I've got too many games on the go at the moment, and don't fancy starting MM, but I would like to finish the original Spidey game with all the bells and whistles...

Soldato
Is there a way to get the upgrade for Spidey without buying Miles Morales?

I've got too many games on the go at the moment, and don't fancy starting MM, but I would like to finish the original Spidey game with all the bells and whistles...

Hard for me to say 100% because I own it but I don't think so unless something has changed since launch. Both brilliant games though + you get all 3 DLC's with the remaster which I really enjoyed as well. It is a steep entry price for both though but I just closed my eyes and went for it and was glad I did.

Soldato
Hard for me to say 100% because I own it but I don't think so unless something has changed since launch. Both brilliant games though + you get all 3 DLC's with the remaster which I really enjoyed as well. It is a steep entry price for both though but I just closed my eyes and went for it and was glad I did.
Wait what ??? All three dlc’s? I only finished the main game and left it at that cause I thought there was nothing left to do ! :eek:

Soldato
Wait what ??? All three dlc’s? I only finished the main game and left it at that cause I thought there was nothing left to do ! :eek:

Yeah I 100% them all as well, they were great - at the map screen move all the way over to the right and the 'DLC' tab is there. It was a nice surprise for me as when I bought it I didn't know it included them either!

Soldato
Exactly, say there's 20% of ps5s bought by scalpers, now obviously there's still some retards that buy them from scalpers, but I don't believe that 80% of all people who want one actually have 1. I'm still hunting but as I dint work at a desk I think I'll be out of luck:p.

Well the problem isnt just supply and demand it is also the retailers.

Normally stores will let you order something round the clock.

Instead we have windows of opportunity to try and get a PS5, so lets say this happens once a month, you are squeezing an entire months worth of demand in that tiny window and its likely creating a false picture.

This is why I said a few pages back they need to just let people preorder when they want, it "will" calm down if they do that of course they will backorders on the system, but only then would we know the true picture.

Its also been proven in this thread that these little order windows have got people ordering a PS5 when they normally wouldnt be buying one, I am one of those people. When something is made hard to get it actually makes people want that thing more.

I think with a combination of no scalpers and around the clock ordering PS5s may well at this point be reasonably easy to get.

Sony now have to effectively over supply the market to try and fix the problem because retailers are refusing to let backorders build up and scalpers wont go away without legislation.

Associate
Is your console... randomly... turning ON ?! I have mine for 2 months... and even if I turn it OFF (not standby mode) ... it can turn ON anytime.
Send it in to Sony to fix, shouldn't be doing that.

Or it could be a controller issue, maybe the ps button is sticky, or something else is triggering it perhaps?

Soldato
Well the problem isnt just supply and demand it is also the retailers.

Normally stores will let you order something round the clock.

Instead we have windows of opportunity to try and get a PS5, so lets say this happens once a month, you are squeezing an entire months worth of demand in that tiny window and its likely creating a false picture.

This is why I said a few pages back they need to just let people preorder when they want, it "will" calm down if they do that of course they will backorders on the system, but only then would we know the true picture.

Its also been proven in this thread that these little order windows have got people ordering a PS5 when they normally wouldnt be buying one, I am one of those people. When something is made hard to get it actually makes people want that thing more.

I think with a combination of no scalpers and around the clock ordering PS5s may well at this point be reasonably easy to get.

Sony now have to effectively over supply the market to try and fix the problem because retailers are refusing to let backorders build up and scalpers wont go away without legislation.
I don't think you can every get rid of scalpers, but if the idiots didn't pay scalper prices then it would solve itself. Unfortunately this country is full of impatient idiots that are making the problem worse.

Soldato

What true picture? You'd just end up with people putting in half a dozen orders with half a dozen retailers, then cancelling 5 when one of them ships. The retailers will have absolutely no idea what the true demand is, and the scalpers will still thrive because they'll potentially be able to supply stock far sooner.

Associate
Managed to grab a bundle from GAME this morning. Disc version, Extra controller and Ratchet & Clank.
Stayed up for the last couple of nights for the supposed Argos drop, did not want to do it again.
Game would not have been my first choice, but once I got in the queue I thought what the hell.

Caporegime
Argos is meant to be 1am tomorrow morning now although that's been the case for the last few days.

Wasn't going to bother with one yet but my PS4's started to go in to rest every few minutes and I loved the previous R&C game on the PS4 so if I can get one I will.

Back
Top Bottom