Game crashing to desktop, no error message

Soldato
Hi all,

I have a game installed on my PC (spec in sig) through the Steam Client.

Twice today it crashed mid-game, straight to desktop. No errors, it was as if it was never running.
There was no halt in gameplay - no blank screen or any pausing that would make me expect a crash. It was simply playing fine one second and the next I am looking at the steam client.

Could it be the Nvidia driver? I think I have the studio driver installed as I'm running CAD. I could install the gaming driver and see if it fixes?

I have verified the integrity of the game cache on Steam. Hopefully someone here can help me with some troubleshooting ideas or tips.

I have a dual monitor setup. Screen 1 is for the game while screen 2 usually has a multiple tabbed chrome window on as well as Spotify, WhatsApp and anything else I have idling. Nothing else running in anger alongside the game though.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you looked in event viewer for any error messages when it crashes? Also Windows Error Reporting folders? C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue

Soldato
OP
Hi ubern00b,

Thanks for your response. I have not tried that but have since disabled Nvidia experimental features and overlay. I haven't had the issue since.

If it happens again I'll check out the event viewer and error reporting folders. I have not done either before so all new to me.

Associate
Have you looked in event viewer for any error messages when it crashes? Also Windows Error Reporting folders? C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue

hi i have the same issues as Cadder today, what am i looking for in windows error reporting, as thre is just a single file last modified in jan ? and also the event viewer should i be able to see the AOE app somewhere ?#

thanks

Soldato
OP
hi i have the same issues as Cadder today, what am i looking for in windows error reporting, as thre is just a single file last modified in jan ? and also the event viewer should i be able to see the AOE app somewhere ?#

thanks

I updated my Nvidia driver as well as some other drivers for my PC, then it never happened again. Check you have the latest recommended drivers would be my first suggestion.
Totally forgot about this.

Back
Top Bottom