Do you add anything to your Weetabix?

Man of Honour
Sparked a heated debate here whereby I was told anything but plain/dry Weetabix is a sin when I said I chopped bananas and grapes into mine then threw in hot whole milk.

It's a flavour explosion like the world has never seen before. The grapes especially as they're chopped so slowly release flavour and then you bite into one :cool:

Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
Likewise hot milk and a sprinkle of sugar - don't like Weetabix without a little sugar. Occasionally like them with just cold milk for a novelty but that gets old fast.

Personally don't find them good for sustained energy through a tough day though despite the ads - find Shreddies much better for that for some reason.

Soldato
Source? Grapes have naturally occurring sugars so you don't need to watch how many you eat generally, just like fats there are good fats and bad fats! The only bad grapes really these days are inorganic ones which have pesticides etc sprayed on them at source.

Benefits of grapes in general though are grand: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/are-grapes-good-for-you

As far as I’m aware, it doesn’t matter whether the sugar is naturally occurring or not - your body will process it the same way.

E.g. a depending on the type of diabetes, you cannot have grapes/bananas/other fruits high in sugar :)

Soldato
I can't disagree with you. It's nice when you're eating cereal and you get a taste of fruit. I used to eat a lot of special K and the fruit in there was great. Cutting up fruit to go with it, though, sounds like a lot of effort.

Man of Honour
OP
It genuinely takes no effort to cut fruit, grapes are sliced in half with a short paring knife against my thumb, bananas slice like butter anyway and I can slice one up in seconds the same way and lob the slices in the bowl :cool:

Associate
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds, some walnut pieces and milled flaxseed. Then comes the chocolate protein powder, cold milk and a teaspoon or so of deep roast crunchy peanut butter - I call it Snickerbix.

Soldato
Source? Grapes have naturally occurring sugars so you don't need to watch how many you eat generally, just like fats there are good fats and bad fats! The only bad grapes really these days are inorganic ones which have pesticides etc sprayed on them at source.

Benefits of grapes in general though are grand: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/are-grapes-good-for-you
Had a quick Google but can't find the link immediately. In short other snack fruits like cherry tomatoes were included, and the problem raised was that with an apple for example, you eat it and it's gone. Your teeth get a break. With grapes you tend to toss one after another in over the course of a few hours.

I guess it isn't relevant if you're whacking them into a bowl of weatabix. Grape on!

Back
Top Bottom