What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I’ve been a bit ridiculous over this past year with watches, doing a bit of buying and selling, saving up and taking advantage of the odd 0% finance offer I’m pretty much set now for the foreseeable.

Current collection, few too many crowd pleasers and divers, and no real imagination, but I’m happy with it…

Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Moonwatch (Last Gen)
Omega Seamaster Profesional 300m (grey dial)
Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue (arriving tmoz)
Grand Seiko SBGN003 9F Quartz GMT (tried to sell this recently but I couldn’t bring myself to do it)
Oris Aquis Carysfort Reef LTD Edition (may sell this for the in-house Aquis but it looks great on the orange strap so going to hold off)
Seiko SPB149J1 40mm LTD Edition
Seiko King Turtle Dark Manta Ray
Seiko Turtle (black and gold dial)
Lol I said that to myself the other day and now I'm looking for a Hamilton Khaki :o

Could anyone provide me with a lead on Seiko strap 'collars'? Managed to ping one across the room adjusting my SARB033 :(

Soldato
I’ve been a bit ridiculous over this past year with watches, doing a bit of buying and selling, saving up and taking advantage of the odd 0% finance offer I’m pretty much set now for the foreseeable.

Current collection, few too many crowd pleasers and divers, and no real imagination, but I’m happy with it…

Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Moonwatch (Last Gen)
Omega Seamaster Profesional 300m (grey dial)
Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue (arriving tmoz)
Grand Seiko SBGN003 9F Quartz GMT (tried to sell this recently but I couldn’t bring myself to do it)
Oris Aquis Carysfort Reef LTD Edition (may sell this for the in-house Aquis but it looks great on the orange strap so going to hold off)
Seiko SPB149J1 40mm LTD Edition
Seiko King Turtle Dark Manta Ray
Seiko Turtle (black and gold dial)

Nice collection. Don't worry about being a crowd pleaser etc.. those pieces are attractive to many for a reason!

I got to say, my head is turning more to the BB58, there's something about the black dial model with the hints of gold and red. Just wish they had a ceramic bezel insert.

Associate
No worries ! :D such a great package. Incredible build quality, great price, and impeccable time keeping. Gotta say the lume is top knotch too.

Got to say very much agree, very good looking watch, feels quality and the finishing is great, really happy with it, so easy to take links out as well with the screw pins rather than most other watches that have separate screws, I’ve actually took the time to make sure it fits properly rather than getting annoyed and ending up with a too tight or too loose fit.

Couple of things I’m not keen on the bracelet doesn’t seem to sit flush within the lugs so you end up with a slight step each side, and I’ve not put my finger on it but the bezel appears to be slightly misaligned at certain angles but it’s not because I’ve checked with a ruler, think it’s an illusion due to the curvature of the Crystal.

All in all very happy, I was concerned it’d be a bit redundant as I already own a 40mm diver I really like (I was looking at the black bay GMT but the sides look ridiculous IMO with the height) but this has that more vintage look where you actually feel like your wearing a piece of history.

Associate
Nice collection. Don't worry about being a crowd pleaser etc.. those pieces are attractive to many for a reason!

I got to say, my head is turning more to the BB58, there's something about the black dial model with the hints of gold and red. Just wish they had a ceramic bezel insert.

Cheers. Yeah I was slightly put off by not being ceramic but I don’t think they’d be able to get the aesthetic right if it was, plus it’s more close to the originals.

Soldato
Got a nice deal on the Italian Handmade Leather strap for the SARB033. I'm looking to get a metal strap for the SARB017 (Green). I was almost tempted by a gold/silver combo but it may be too blingy.

Any recommendations? Are the Geckota ones decent enough?

N3s8OUd.jpeg

Associate
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for quite a while and apologies in advance as this is a bit off topic but I thought some of you might like it to decorate your home, office, etc.

I have always been interested by Nixie clocks but could never really convince myself to get one for various reasons (cost, availability, complexity, etc.). I then found about Lixie, which basically reproduces the visual aspect of a vintage Nixie tube using modern LED technology. I just received and mounted mine (ordered from a company called Bazzus, directly from their website) and I think the result looks fantastic!

A simple and elegant design, combined with the use of dark wood, makes for a stylish clock which catches the eye immediately. It has various display modes allowing you to use different colors and effects to you liking.
As a nice additional touch you can have an engraving added to it , which is done in a subtle way and so doesn't ruin the overall esthetic of the clock.
International shipping was quicker than expected and I was pleasantly suprised to received my clock in a week.

And again just to be clear I have no affiliation with the company making/selling it. I just like the clock and thougt I should share as it's not something common but very cool in my opinion.

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for quite a while and apologies in advance as this is a bit off topic but I thought some of you might like it to decorate your home, office, etc.

I have always been interested by Nixie clocks but could never really convince myself to get one for various reasons (cost, availability, complexity, etc.). I then found about Lixie, which basically reproduces the visual aspect of a vintage Nixie tube using modern LED technology. I just received and mounted mine (ordered from a company called Bazzus, directly from their website) and I think the result looks fantastic!

A simple and elegant design, combined with the use of dark wood, makes for a stylish clock which catches the eye immediately. It has various display modes allowing you to use different colors and effects to you liking.
As a nice additional touch you can have an engraving added to it , which is done in a subtle way and so doesn't ruin the overall esthetic of the clock.
International shipping was quicker than expected and I was pleasantly suprised to received my clock in a week.

And again just to be clear I have no affiliation with the company making/selling it. I just like the clock and thougt I should share as it's not something common but very cool in my opinion.
Do you mind sharing the dimensions? I can't spot them on the website.

Associate
It looks very similar indeed, yes, and that's fine with me. I never said it was something unique that you must buy from the same shop.

Only difference I would say is that the online shop where I bought it from offer a free engraving service but apart from that it's probably the same product made in the same factory somewhere in China :D

Soldato
Not everyone’s cup of tea, but just bought another g-shock square - the GW-S5600U-1JF :D
I bought one on the advice of someone in here several hundreds of posts a go, love it. Especially since my GA-1000 eats batteries (2 of them!) for fun.

Contact Seiko - they've sent out replacement spring bars to me before as mine were discontinued, so they'll likely be able to help with the collars.
Thanks for the advice! I was tempted to ignore given my low expectations of Seiko - however, the lady got back to me 12 hours later and said she'd ship a bunch out to me, at her cost :cool::D

Soldato
Got a nice deal on the Italian Handmade Leather strap for the SARB033. I'm looking to get a metal strap for the SARB017 (Green). I was almost tempted by a gold/silver combo but it may be too blingy.

Any recommendations? Are the Geckota ones decent enough?

Your SARB017 looks great! The Geckota ones are nice if their other straps are anything to go by!

Back
Top Bottom