Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bottas showing that if Hamilton had kept his position off the start, Max wouldn’t stand a chance tomorrow.

As it stands, it looks like a slam-dunk for Verstappen tomorrow.

Associate
The slipstream looks and DRS (due to the low wings) isn't useful here. Bottas is going to be screwed tomorrow.

Agreed. The Mclaren’s are on the sorts, but there isn’t the DRS benefit I’d expected. I mean there was talk of merc taking an additional engine on Friday as they would be able to make the places up on track. There just really isn’t the speed differential for the current conditions. Maybe the safety car has given the soft tyres the edge for this race.

Soldato
Normally you'd class this track as one of the more likely for overtaking but no one is gonna stick a Leroy Jenkins up the inside at turn one just to gain 1 grid spot. Tomorrow they might.

Soldato
Normally you'd class this track as one of the more likely for overtaking but no one is gonna stick a Leroy Jenkins up the inside at turn one just to gain 1 grid spot. Tomorrow they might.

The drivers and commentators said all weekend it's not good for overtaking (excluding crafty because he's an idiot). Yet people in the forums here kept saying Max should take an engine penalty here. I sometimes think they don't listen to the commentary.

Soldato
That was about as close as you'll get to a perfect demo of this format failing.

Also a very good demo of why 'just let them go flat out' doesn't automatically make for great racing - they weren't particularly tyre or fuel limited here.

Soldato
Well that was ****.

Just confirms what I thought after the last sprint.

It makes a mockery of the actual qualifying and it’s a massive spoiler for the race tomorrow.

I really hope they don’t adopt this moving forward.

Man of Honour
Max deserves the WDC this year. No idea what’s up with Hamilton, long Covid or age, but he isn’t at is best.

Looks like it’ll only be the first couple of laps worth watching tomorrow.

I fail to see how sprint quali is better than actual quali…which means it’ll no doubt be adopted next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom