Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Leclerc reported as being under medical supervision after dropping out of FP2 in unexplained fashion. Not sure what is going on there, but I hope he's okay.

Yeah it pretty obvious it was a personal issue when he said he needed to stop and can't say on the radio.

Since the session later today is only a qualifying, I wonder if they can put a reserve driver in.

Otherwise that would be pretty amusing if Carlos can't start or is last and Leclerc drops out.

Man of Honour
So, if Leclerc can't race its likely that Ferrari will pull Giovinazzi from Alfa Romeo to take his seat

Probably have Callum Ilott fill the Alfa seat then.

A team running both reserve drivers.. when did that last happen?

Soldato
So, if Leclerc can't race its likely that Ferrari will pull Giovinazzi from Alfa Romeo to take his seat

He's fine. He's just walked past Ted and Martin in the pits among the garages, still in his overalls. He was suffering from nausea and headaches, but he's fine.

I don't know if they'd be allowed to change drivers anyway as technically they're in the middle of qualifying.

Sainz is fine too, and his car is expected to be ready.

As for not having enough reserve drivers, I don't think Sauber had one when Perez was dizzy in free practice in Montreal in 2011, so they borrowed de la Rosa from McLaren at the last minute.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like he’s going to race, he was getting ready and walked into the garage.

He'd better race on Sunday then otherwise it's just plain selfish and stupid.

I don't know if they'd be allowed to change drivers anyway as technically they're in the middle of qualifying.

There is no such thing as Qualifying Practice or something daft, and this Sprint is Qualifying Sprint Race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom