What does your car say about you?

Man of Honour
To quote a nice police officer (I got a lecture, not a ticket, for an overtake at 50-60mph in a 30 limit, past a car doing 20): "You don't look like the usual Impreza driver."

Soldato
Hahaha what the **** have you done? Lunatic! :D
no i'm not brave enough sorry, that thing is a 1300cc bike engine and as you can imagine REALLY FAST !!!!
but i hope you enjoy this instead, but that i can't do to mine because it's an MOT failure, even so; mine is close to that noise already, I'm getting mine remapped after its front bumper respray monday, i won't have the car for three days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7hS09a0RjQ

Last edited:
Caporegime
Having thought more about it, my old (05) Volvo V70 Estate in Beige/Gold (closer to the former but shiny :D)

Says I have kids and Labrador in fact I have just the one daughter (25, moved out years back) and I have two White German Shepherds…

Also suggests pipe & slippers, more like e-cigarette /roll ups and steel toe caps..

Perhaps suggests financially careful - anything but hence owning old worthless car at 50 years old.

Despite a long line of various cars from turbocharged Fords through to wafty 7 Series BMW’s, it’s by a long way the most comfortable car I’ve owned and if the last year and 12k miles is anything to go by, actually the most reliable by some distance.

I’d go so far as to say it’s the most practical car I’ve owned for my needs and despite never expecting it to be, I’m beginning to think it’s up there with my favourite!

Soldato
I see your dodgy geabox and raise you buying an Evo 9 for R35 GTR money knowing it's been crashed and clocked.

Now that, my friend, is an idiot :D
i would say that's more of an obsession you can't help to be honest, because i almost did the same thing years ago with an Evo 5. i was too slow to buy it but the guy who did blew the engine a week later, but that car looked really good !!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I get the strangest looks when getting in and out of my car :cry:

Well I drive a 17 year old convertible BMW. At first glance the regular Joe might assume that the owner of said car is someone who calls it an "emfree" and half expecting to see an M badge stuck on the front grille with M colour stripes on the slats. But no, the reality is apparently I speak like a newscaster and I wear too much beige and green and cords :D

Not even a magic tree is hanging from the rear view mirror. If only they realised how eye watering keeping it running in this condition has been all these years :cry:

Soldato
We are on our second MPV. The latest one is a DSG and while utterly practical, it doesn't feel like driving anymore.
Our second car is an old warm hatch. Sweet handing car. Nice to drive, I was considering swapping it for an older MX5 or Mini or such.
But I'm not sure I want to give up the practicality of the 4 door hatchback, or rear seats.

While I had hot hatches in the past. I always thought, by the time I could afford something interesting, I would no longer want them. I'm kinda at that point now.
Upsize the house, get a fun car, or do none of that, and just go on holiday. Maybe its the lockdown, but I just want to be on holiday these days.

Soldato
That's not a bad shout tbh. I convinced myself I was going in with open eyes as I knew what was wrong with it before buying. It's really a decent car. I just paid too much at the top of the market.
yes the EVO is a brilliant car and the one i like looked fantastic, it still looks great today but it will be a money pit if you buy one, by God it handles well.

Caporegime
Driven old turbo Volvo's since I was 21 (now 30), I expect most think I'm a poor old man wearing tweed.

Reality is I like fast, tuneable sleepers with the comfiest seats out there :D

I drive a slightly newer, smaller body Volvo C30 T5 R-Design.

I actually like it’s ass end a lot, want something different as I can’t afford something really rare.

Soldato
yes the EVO is a brilliant car and the one i like looked fantastic, it still looks great today but it will be a money pit if you buy one, by God it handles well.

These two are a good pairing. The Evo is not as fierce as the Impreza. Guess this says I like rusty 90s Japanese rally cars :D

51322214235_8acc76ac29_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom