Do you always use the same toothpaste?

Soldato
i guess along the same topic, you can add:

how much does everyone paste on their toothbrush.. a massive blob or a pea sized blob?

I heard (also from a dentist ama) that a small pea sized blob is more than sufficient, and so have been doing the same... though i use to cover the whole toothbrush with it when i was young
Think the tv adverts caused people thinking that they need to cover the length of the bristles with toothpaste.

Soldato
Sensodyne deep repair and before that repair and protect - I tried some others and didn't find anything which worked as well for me.

Oral-B Pro Expert mouthwash.

Regarding mouthwash - interestingly I noticed on some mouthwash (usually the ones that have a protective component) it says explicitly to use after brushing - my dentist always said not to use after brushing and/or to try and stagger it through the day. Noticed some as well say to use before brushing only.
That's because mouthwash generally has much less fluoride so all your doing is washing away your toothpastes fluoride.
I brush morning and night, mouthwash at lunch time.

Soldato
Decent brand on offer or even aldi own brand. The game changer is the water flosser,

Screenshot-20210918-184145-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Caporegime
Think the tv adverts caused people thinking that they need to cover the length of the bristles with toothpaste.
IDK if its just a swiss thing but the baby/kids tooth brushes had an indicator on them like a small coloured circle on the bristles for the recommended amount.

and it was literally a tiny pee sized amount.

there's no way an adult needs a whole brush full, you just need enough to be able to go around all your teeth.

I do a small blob then brush all my teeth kinda fast to get all of them covered a bit with paste, then go back around after brushing each individual tooth properly

when I'm done I can feel all the little grains in the tooth paste that polish your teeth all around my mouth so I know I used enough.

using too much probably takes away the abrasion of the paste and leaves your teeth covered in plaque I'd have thought

Caporegime
don't use it .. but then never brush .. but then again never eat sugar or carbs .. i'm fine i'll rinse with mouth wash but thats about it ..
in poverty of like indian etc people always seem to have such white teeth.

curry and spices are supposed to slowly stain teeth as well.

how can dirt poor people who likely don't own a teeth brush have such white teeth, is it really because of all the artificial/added colours in our food or what.

it can't be just sugar because some of us actively avoid sugar/salt in our food and we still can get stained teeth.

I guess coffee is a big problem for us, makes me curious to go check some poverty people on youtube in a country famous for its coffee drinking

Caporegime
OP
in poverty of like indian etc people always seem to have such white teeth.

curry and spices are supposed to slowly stain teeth as well.

how can dirt poor people who likely don't own a teeth brush have such white teeth, is it really because of all the artificial/added colours in our food or what.

it can't be just sugar because some of us actively avoid sugar/salt in our food and we still can get stained teeth.

I guess coffee is a big problem for us, makes me curious to go check some poverty people on youtube in a country famous for its coffee drinking
It’s not just sugar. Wine, pickles, soft drinks, citrus fruits are just a few things that erode enamel and cause decay.

Sorry, but I refuse to believe you can have a healthy mouth if you never brush your teeth.

India has very high levels of oral cancer.

Caporegime
It’s not just sugar. Wine, pickles, soft drinks, citrus fruits are just a few things that erode enamel and cause decay.

Sorry, but I refuse to believe you can have a healthy mouth if you never brush your teeth.
I'm not saying it's healthy mouth just their teeth are always so white, maybe they mix baking soda with lemon and use it like tooth paste which will quickly destroy their enamel I'd guess but lets them have white teeth for a decade or so

Associate

India has very high levels of oral cancer.

I second that.. even if you don't brush your teeth, flossing and mouthwash can only do the bare minimum... i wouldn't like to see what his gums are like

Soldato
I used Macleans for years, but lately it's not in shops, so I'm using Colgate now.
As for mouthwash, not a massive fan, but do use Listerine purple most days.
Fun story, I still have 2 baby teeth at 35.

I do have a toothbrush preference tho, this is massively better than anything else imo:
Oral-B Complete 5 Way

Associate
I'm not saying it's healthy mouth just their teeth are always so white, maybe they mix baking soda with lemon and use it like tooth paste which will quickly destroy their enamel I'd guess but lets them have white teeth for a decade or so

...before they fall out :D

I seem to recall that Australia put fluoride in their water, and the UK did discuss it in some form. You'd need to google that to find the actual info on that if true or not, i heard it on a Aussy science podcast.

I just get whatever toothpaste is on sale. Fluoride + brushing = job done as far i can tell.

Soldato
Oral B the minty blue version I use it raw with no water because it's kind of pointless brushing your teeth and then rinsing your mouth as it's washing away the protection from the paste

Back
Top Bottom