People that walk their Cat on a lead?

Commissario
Our Norweigen Forest cat loves going for walks on his lead.

Basically he is a house cat, but we have a catio built on the back of the property so that he can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. They're very friendly cats, so will approach strangers for affection. Unfortunately this is when they get stolen.

Our next door neighbour takes her Stoats for walks on leads.

:)

Don
I think it's cool. We had a couple of Siamese years ago who were both leash trained. They were also trained to pee and poo in the toilet too which was useful. Couldn't get them to flush and wash their paws afterwards though.

Caporegime
Assuming cats are intelligent enough it must be pretty humiliating for them when the rest of them are free to roam, unless it's a leftist cat in which case it probably thinks being free to roam without supervision is a far right belief and wants all of the unsupervised cats locked up in their homes until they embrace being walked on leads.

Soldato
Weird. And kind of wrong.

Cats should be free-roaming. They shouldn't be confined to a flat or walked on a lead.

We have 3 cats, all with different levels of freedom based on their intelligence and independence. One goes out every day and whines if he can't (he goes out and murders anything that moves), one that goes out then comes back and sleeps but he isn't really arsed what he does tbh, the other is young, easily startled, a total dope, not very agile for a cat and if she gets out just panics and runs back in.

In short, cats do whatever the **** they want. Humans like to think they have some say, they don't.

Cats on leads? The cat is taking you for a walk ;)

Soldato
Was down Devon last week on holiday and although I've nothing against people walking cats on leads...when I saw a family with their cat on a lead on the beach, I was a bit baffled. The cat clearly wasn't enjoying its walk on the wet sand as everytime they stopped it was trying to climb up to its travel basket that one of the owners was carrying...

Caporegime
Weird. And kind of wrong.

Cats should be free-roaming. They shouldn't be confined to a flat or walked on a lead.
They shouldn't be run over or poisoned by neighbours either. It's not an ideal world. Better to have an indoor cat that takes walks on a harness, than an outdoor cat with a 6 months lifespan.

Around our way one of the neighbours had something like 3 dead cats in a year. None of them were old.

Back
Top Bottom