Beards, and more beards

Soldato
How many of you have beards?

I used to have a goatee but, been growing a beard, on and off for a year. Would have been quite long by now but messed up trimming it several times!

I did use beard oil and beard butter but came out in a few spots. Switched to beard shampoo once a week. See how that works out.

I am 57 so, my beard is almost 100% grey now! Yes, Santa comments have been thrown about in work.

Trying to go as long as possible and then trim back to a nice shape.

Some days, i feel like trimming it all down! Not because it itches etc as it doesnt. Just because i feel scruffy etc!

Love to hear your beard journeys...

Soldato
I hate being clean shaven (did 20+ years like that with work) but I also hate having a "proper" beard so end end up using clippers with a No2 guide and do my beard & hair at the same time about once every 4-6 weeks and I've done that for about 7 years now.

However, for about 1 week in that 4-6 week time my beard is about the right length for me where the looks vs annoyance cancel each other out and I like it, but trying to keep my beard at that length was a massive pain as just a week later I've gone full neck beard and one week before it looks patchy :eek:

I am however really enjoying seeing the grey come through on my chin,, oddly it makes me "feel" more mature :D

Soldato
My beard just awful if its too long. It's very patchy on the cheeks and I can't seem to patch it up. So at the moment it's very short, just like my hair.

Caporegime
Anything longer than stubble is a pain in the ass to keep clean. In my experience, beards can trap oil and dead skin next to your skin, and unless you're deep cleansing it every day it just gets filthy.

Soldato
Wash it daily with beard shampoo. Oil it every single day as well. Then periodically use beard bam.

Don’t trim it for at least 4 months. AT LEAST. You’ll end up taking to much off or just going the full hog.

Tell the missus the plan as well

Soldato
I have basically stubble. My trimmer is set to about 4mm.

clean shaven doesn't suit me and it's too much effort to do daily and deal with ingrown hairs etc

I have stubble cause ultimately, I'm lazy

Soldato
I have a nice beard at the moment, must be at least an inch on the chin, but it is getting too the stage where the maintenance is starting to annoy me. Basically I get the beard equivalent of bed hair and the beard looks mental in the morning. It's fixed but a decent length shower, but I am normally in a rush in the mornings, so that increasingly feels like time I don't have.
Sometime soon I will trim it back to a no. 3 and start the whole process again.

Soldato
I've tried, but I can never get past the itchy phase. I went two months and got rid of it because I was going insane. It never got to a particularly even look even after 2 months so I decided that I'm just not beard material.

Associate
Screenshot-20211002-152539-Gallery.jpg

I use dove shower gel, and odd times cheap beard oil.

Man of Honour
Had a beard for well over a decade now, started because shaving really annoyed my skin.
Now I shave my head it just looks like my head hair has fallen down :o

Back
Top Bottom