What do you do when off camera on a boring Teams call?

Caporegime
I went to the loo yesterday whilst on a Teams call with my Bluetooth ear mic on so I could still speak, but camera off. The buggers went for two hours without thinking people might need a break.

Someone said 'errr, I think someone needs to go on mute'. I had no idea that the earphone mic would pick up wee-wee noises!

Awkward.

I also may or may not do other things that I'm not sure I should admit.

Soldato
Never have my camera on as its on the laptop which is behind my monitor.
I tend to listen for my name and ignore everything else that doesn't concern me or my team.
Usually have a turn based game going on during the day anyway. The headset does not pick up the music.

Caporegime
Never have my camera on as its on the laptop which is behind my monitor.
I tend to listen for my name and ignore everything else that doesn't concern me or my team.
Usually have a turn based game going on during the day anyway. The headset does not pick up the music.

This basically

Soldato
I never go on camera for teams calls. Have been to the loo plenty of times when i'm not needed to talk.

I've even on occasion been downstairs to let the dog out, and make a coffee.

Caporegime
I mainly listen to Phil Collins. Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Christy, take off your robe.
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.
Sabrina, remove your dress.
In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.
Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little.
Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your *whoops*
Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds.
Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it.
But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Associate
Usually have them off.

Also this:
I mainly listen to Phil Collins. Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.
In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.
Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds.
But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

G J

G J

Associate
Ah so this is why people want to work from home huh so you can slack off. :p

Be carefull what you wish for as once home working becomes the norm, someone in another country will do your job for a fraction of the pay. ;)

Soldato

Made my morning!! :)

Back
Top Bottom