Nest Thermostat turning heating on when should be off

Soldato
OK1x7rG.jpg

That's how mine is set to have the heating 'on' in the morning and the evening, aiming to not drop below 17.5. Outside of those times, it's only really trying to achieve 15.

Low temperatures because where the thermostat is located is a bit crap and is a bit cooler than the rest of the house, if it was set to 20+ the lounge would be like an oven.

Soldato
Yes it sounds like I have misunderstood how the schedule works.

I want it on from 5pm till 10pm at around 23c

I then want it off until 6am the next morning till around 8.00am at a temp of 22c

So you'll want a 23 marker at 5pm, then say 18 at 10pm, then 22 at 6am and 18 at 8am.

That way it will turn on if the temperature drops below 23 between 5pm and 10pm, below 22 between 6am and 8am or below 18 at any other time of day.

If 18 is too cold for the 'off' time, just tweak up to 19 etc.

You need to consider it as always on, the only thing you're adjusting is what minimum temperature it's trying to achieve at any given time

Associate
OP
OK1x7rG.jpg

That's how mine is set to have the heating 'on' in the morning and the evening, aiming to not drop below 17.5. Outside of those times, it's only really trying to achieve 15.

Low temperatures because where the thermostat is located is a bit crap and is a bit cooler than the rest of the house, if it was set to 20+ the lounge would be like an oven.

So because the last temperature is 15c it will stay at 15c throughout the night until 6am when it goes up to 17.5c? have I understood that right?

Soldato
So because the last temperature is 15c it will stay at 15c throughout the night until 6am when it goes up to 17.5c? have I understood that right?

Yes, it will consider the last item it saw in the schedule as being the target temperature until it gets to a new temperature in the schedule.

Associate
I keep True radiant off as I prefer to set my schedule myself and have full control over it.

I also have sun block on as my downstairs stat gets hit by direct sunlight around mid day.

Soldato
That should do what you want it to :)

You could probably consider dropping the temperatures a bit earlier in the evening - i know it's obviously personal preference etc. but if the temperature dropped to 22.5 at 9.30pm for example, would you really want the heating to come on again?

Associate
OP
That should do what you want it to :)

You could probably consider dropping the temperatures a bit earlier in the evening - i know it's obviously personal preference etc. but if the temperature dropped to 22.5 at 9.30pm for example, would you really want the heating to come on again?

no I wouldn’t want it

thanks for your help will see how it goes

Soldato

This for sure. Ours knocks off around 8pm and it stays warm enough through the night from that.

On a side note 23C sounds utterly horrible :p

Back
Top Bottom