Energy Suppliers

Soldato
You definitely do not want that!
That's one of the new fixed rate deals. You want to be on variable. It will be about 4p for gas.

(assuming these are unit prices)
Yep its crazy. I'm planning on sitting it out for now and dropping onto variable with the hope of things settling. With the rumoured price rises again in April I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not to be honest.

*Yes they are the Ovo unit prices.

Caporegime
Yep its crazy. I'm planning on sitting it out for now and dropping onto variable with the hope of things settling. With the rumoured price rises again in April I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not to be honest.

*Yes they are the Ovo unit prices.

My fix I got is a bit more than variable. But nothing like what it is now on fixed.

If I was looking now I'd go variable.
Most people thought I was crazy for fixing at what I did

Soldato
What did you get in at?

Mines a tad higher than I'd like.
A lot, but I fixed for three years!
edit:
Electricity unit rate: 18.72p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 23.77p per day
Gas unit rate: 3.834p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 26.12p per day

For a laugh I just did an online quote with my previous supplier, pure planet, and they came up with a ludicrous:
APRIL — SEPTEMBER
£156.77
OCTOBER — MARCH
£235.15

And that's on their 'medium usage'. That's about double what I was paying. Insane.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ours is around 5.6/kwh a day. Solar/Powerwall. Saving quite a bit compared to our old place. On the Tesla Plan now so will see how it fairs with the export tariff too.

Associate
Fixed deal ends with British Gas at the end of November. Been looking at the SVR for them and works out cheaper per unit to stay on that than go to a fixed deal. Having never been on SVR before, how do payments work? I pay monthly at the moment so would I set my own direct debit amount per month? I'm thinking £100ish per month (maybe a little more) and keep checking.

Soldato
Colarado energy with 15000 and Pure planet with 235000 gone tonight, expecting Ampower, Zebra Energy and Neon Reef to be gone by the end of the week. Will be suprised if Omni power last the month too

Soldato
Oh my god I just switched from Octopus -> Symbio -> Neon Reef for my electricity! I haven't listened to Ofgem's advice about staying put because then I'm stuffed when the next best tariff disappears.
The only positive is my Gas is on an SVR and is at around 4p/kWh

Soldato
Oh my god I just switched from Octopus -> Symbio -> Neon Reef for my electricity! I haven't listened to Ofgem's advice about staying put because then I'm stuffed when the next best tariff disappears.
The only positive is my Gas is on an SVR and is at around 4p/kWh

Lol you're chasing problems it seems and creating them for yourself :D If anyone is offering a cheap deal at the moment expect them to go bust

Back
Top Bottom