Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Some more oral action to replace the previous whose battery gave up the ghost...

tG9tWso.jpg
I'm on my third. The battery went on the first, I got a discounted replacement as it was quite a few years old. The battery went after a year on the second so they've replaced it for free. I won't be paying for another.

Soldato
I'm on my third. The battery went on the first, I got a discounted replacement as it was quite a few years old. The battery went after a year on the second so they've replaced it for free. I won't be paying for another.

I've given up with Philips too. I paid £100 for one of their toothbrushes twice. Both had mechanical failure soon after the warranty expired. I didn't need to increase my sample size to get the gist of their life span.

Soldato
Couldn't agree more with Philips, literally everything of theirs I've owned ends up breaking much earlier than products from other brands.

I had a Sonicare toothbrush (their top end one at the time) where the spindle broke, which they replaced as a gesture of good will, then the replacement just ended up not working after a while. I had one of their portable water flossers that just stopped working one day too, and I had a steam generator iron that just gave up the ghost too.

The Oral B toothbrush I had before lasted 7 years and was still going strong before the Philips replaced it as I felt like a change, and the Tefal steam generator iron that replaced the Philips has been indestructible so far.

Caporegime

My Sonicare is 7 years old this year, still on original battery, may be i got lucky. I paid £73 for it on Amazon Black Friday i think.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Resistance is futile, so got some resistance bands to support my journey into muscle ups and front/back levers.

Ga8SUio.jpg

Actually works really well for adding a lot more difficulty into pushups, presses and other ground based workouts. Who needs actual weights....

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't know about anyone else but I'm always learning new things and doing new activities, so naturally end up ordering stuff via Bezos' services :D

Soldato
omZkggI.jpg

Finally got around to getting one of the cheap Sonos/IKEA speakers for the kitchen. Pretty happy with it for the price. It's only a small kitchen but it fills the room up with sound nicely.

Soldato
IMG-20211014-111810.jpg

Soldato
omZkggI.jpg

Finally got around to getting one of the cheap Sonos/IKEA speakers for the kitchen. Pretty happy with it for the price. It's only a small kitchen but it fills the room up with sound nicely.
Open coffee beans should not be in the fridge you heathen perfectly correct human.

(I was corrected by a chap further down).

Last edited:
Soldato
Open coffee beans should be in the fridge you heathen

No they shouldn't. Fridges are quite a moist environment which isn't great for the beans but the temperature change between amient and fridge (or even worse, freezer) will cause condensation to form on the beans.

The best place to store coffee beans is in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.

Soldato
No they shouldn't. Fridges are quite a moist environment which isn't great for the beans but the temperature change between amient and fridge (or even worse, freezer) will cause condensation to form on the beans.

The best place to store coffee beans is in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
:eek:

Thanks man, I was getting really annoyed at having them take space up in there. Seems you are totally right. I wonder where I got the fridge idea from? I think it was HUKD.

Soldato

Your fridge, like your freezer, should be a very dry place. But you are correct that the primary issue is the condensation upon removal and replacing back in the fridge or freezer. Freezing beans long term and then bringing them up to room temperature whilst still airtight sealed (thus preventing condensation) is a very good way of storing them.

Back
Top Bottom